Problems in setting up bolt python library

While installing the python library using the command( sudo apt install python3-pip),error message is displayed.I am using DigitalOcean.Can someone help me correct this problem?

Hi @riyajhagogo, did you get a “Python locale error: unsupported locale setting”, if so, then please run these commands
export LC_ALL=“en_US.UTF-8”
export LC_CTYPE=“en_US.UTF-8”
sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales
A pop-up appears, select all locales, press enter.
Another pop-up will appear, select “en_US.UTF-8” click enter.
That should help.

At first I too faced same problem. The syntax give in modules don’t work out, just use this command in cmd.
" pip install boltiot" .If you are doing in python IDE.It worked for me.

The error displayed in this case
E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)
E: Unable to acquire the dpkg frontend lock (/var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend), is another process using it?
I have tried using the commands both of you mentioned but the error remains the same.

Thank you all for trying to help me correct this error

Hi,
Although I’m not using ubuntu for python related projects, (using VS Code) so I can’t unfortunately assist you in this case, but VS Code can also be used to run projects successfully, just install VS Code, if you don’t have it already, and then use CMD to give command “pip install boltiot”, this installs the required directory, and you are all set to run your codes, just make sure to save your files on VS Code by terminal .py and also install the “python extension” for VS Code as well.
That is how I get them done.

1 Like

Same here, I tried both the methods, but got same error. If u have completed the installation, could u please assist me?

1 Like