Project 5 advance graphs

i cant understand the topic Advanced Graphs and Changing the sound of Buzzer

what thing you don’t understand in advanced graphs.

They had given steps which I can’t understand

with the help of advance graph we are able to collect information easily.pls tell me which step you are not able to understand

without connecting the resistor we need to just insert the buzzer positive pin to 0
and negative to ground ?

Hii @keerthanasheshathri,

There is no need to connect resistor with buzzer , You can just insert the buzzer positive pin to 0 and negative to ground.

In Project 5 the assignment is to control Buzzer in which Buzzer must be connected to bolt module in such a way that Longer(positive) leg is connected to GPIO pin and the other is connected to Ground pin without the use of resistor. Now it can be controlled with suitable codes. Use analogWrite(‘pin’,‘value’) to get different buzzer sounds as value changes.
When coming to Advanced graph topic, go through the API documentation. Visit Bolt cloud and then to Docs->Data visualization. Here you will get idea on different types of graphs along with sample code and their outputs for reference in detail. Just understand and implement it in your code and visualize the results.
Hope my answer is helpful .

see the project 5 is for improving the user interface by using animation, graph, and for security purpose for removing the data download button it is to be practiced on the first project the light monitoring sensor.
command which are useful are
setAnimation(true)
setCrossHair(true)
dataDownload(false) this is true by default so we have to make it false by changing the default value.
setgraphType(’___’)try different types of graphs mentioned in the assignment.
now for regulating the buzzer voltage u have to come back to the 4th project for regulating the frequency of the buzzer add this command
for html
ON value can be anything between 0 and 255.
for js
singleButton({name:“Led On”, action:“analoglWrite”,
pin:“0”, value:“200”})
that’s it I this will help. :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

There are six topics covered in advanced graphs section.They are
1.Animations-to animate the graph as the value get configured.This can be done using setAnimation(true) command
2.Hide download Button-use dataDownload(false)
3.Enable Cross-hair-to isolate a single data point and view the values.Use setcrossHair(true) command.
4.Additional Chart Types-Stepped,scattered and multiple graphs.use setgraphType(’___’)
5.Control buzzer-Use analogWrite(‘pin’,‘value’) to get different buzzer sounds as value differs between 0 and 255.

Hai @ksdkreddy ,
The section “Advanced graph and changing the sound of buzzer” explains the following:
Task 1. To familiarize with the documents given in the path, Bolt Cloud>API>API documentations.

Task 2. Animation: The setAnimation() function introduced in session under “Visualization with Google Library” can be used to introduce animation in graph, the complete code is,
animation

Task 3. The download button in visualization window can be hidden by including dataDownload(false) in the code.
For eg: Before adding the code , the window looks like:

After adding the code for hiding download button as shown,
hide_download

the window will look like shown below:

Task 4.Cross hair is the horizontal and vertical lines that intersect to give a data point, it helps us to understand the graph better. The cross hair can be enabled by the code setCrosshair(true), the full code is ,
crosshair

Task 5.It is to explore other graphs, the code and corresponding graphs are given below:
a) Stepped Graph:
The code is,
stepped_code
The visualization window will looks like,

b)Scatter Graph:
The code is,
scatter_code
The visualization window looks like,

c) Multiple graph: The code to plot line graph and bar graph together in a window is given
below:
bar_line_code
The visualization window will look like,

Task 6:To control a buzzer, the buzzer frequency of sound can be controlled by analogWrite(‘A0’,‘the value’), here the value can be any number between 0 and 255.The buzzer positive pin should be connected to A0 pin and negative pin to GND of Bolt device.

Hope my answer will be helpful!

Hi there…

To answer your question, there are a lot of graphs available in the chart library. Here we are using google chart library using the command “setChartLibrary( )”. Further we are specifying the chart type using “setChartType( )”. Next, we are plotting the graph using “plotChart(‘Var_1’,’Var_2’)” where Var1 and Var2 are the variables to be plotted. For the different chart types and their syntax refer to the Data Visualization section of the API Documentation in Bolt Cloud.

To control a buzzer sound, the buzzer frequency needs to be adjusted between 0 and 255 by analogWrite( ) function. The buzzer sound is very less so it may be hard to tell the difference between new sound and the older one. Hence, maybe put some extreme values within the range whose difference is higher, for e.g., “250” and “25”. By doing this you might notice the change.

Hope my answer is useful…