Query about using a single smartphone to run the app and use it as a mobile hotspot?

i wanted to enquire the thing i.e do i really need a wifi router to connect the bolt to the cloud or can i use the same smartphone in which the app is running as a mobile hotspot for the module… because if i’m trying the above mentioned method, It is not setting up properly!!

Please advice in detail what to do and is it required to have have a wifi router, which by the way is not available with me and neither a second smartphone??

Hi,
I assume that you wish to create a mobile hotspot at the same time while using WiFi, which is not possible for a normal phone without having some tweaks done to it. Few techniques might be of your use but I would like to introduce you to an app named Netshare - which can be downloaded from Play Store.
But for your convenience, I strongly suggest to use other network source to avoid any complications. For the sake of initial connection to the cloud, the hotspot of the module is required. It is not a big deal, you just need it once and for all. So, try having someone’s phone for a 10-15 mins, just to connect to the cloud for the first time. After that, you are good to go.

1 Like

Hi,
well you are trying to connect Bolt WiFi with hotspot of your phone ,but its clearly mentioned that when Bolt device gonna connect with the Bolt WiFi the data of our phones will get turn off.
So , you really need 2 smartphones to work properly and if you don’t have another smartphone you can take hotspot from your friends and your friend can also work on phone at the same time because Bolt app doesn’t take that much data.

@sikdarsaurav10
Just try and get a second smartphone for sometime, use it to connect your phone’s hotspot to the Bolt WiFi module and that’s it, you are good to go. I had the same problem, use my phone’s internet for everything as don’t have a router. Borrowed another phone from a friend for sometime and now I can use my own hotspot to work seamlessly. :ok_hand:

Hey,
I faced a similar problem earlier, if your laptop has an option of creating a hotspot, you can use that too.
So you just have to create two hotspots, one from your smartphone- that will be used by your laptop , and the other hotspot can be created using your laptop- that will be used by your wifi router.
Though I am not sure whether all laptops have this or not, but if yours does, this should help.

You don’t need a wifi router nor secondary mobile to connect bolt to wifi network, you can connect your bolt module and any other devices using single mobile hotspot by following few steps:

1. Sign in to bolt mobile app and after logging in through gmail turn OFF your mobile data and hotspot if any,then click on ADD DEVICES.
    2.Complete those 3 steps and select READY option,it will ask you to enable location, then u will get your Bolt device and the status will be showing as secured, then click CONTINUE.
    3.Then it will ask you to Add Network/setup VIA Hotspot, click on that option.
    4.U will be asked to enter SSID name and password, here you have to enter your mobile hotspot name and password and click the dialog box of "check if setting up via mobile hotspot".
    5.Click CONNECT option and then u will be asked to turn ON your hotspot, come back and again you will be asked to ON turn your mobile data.
    6.Then wait for your bolt module’s to show green led and with constant blue led light device ready to use.
    7.If there is some error popping up then go for troubleshoot and click skip option and continue with your project happily.
1 Like