Re-register bolt IoT

Hi,
I have bolt IoT device

{“Bolt Hardware Version”:“1.2”,“Firmware Version”:“1.4.4”}

which was registered to one of my teammate on Bolt IoT workshop at IIT.

but i want to register it from my email. i tried http://192.168.43.247/register?email=hemantlader@gmail.com

it gives
{“success”:“1”,“value”:“Registration attempted successfully hemantlader@gmail.com
Visit cloud.boltiot.com for comfirmation
Registered device cannot be re-registered
User must unassign it first”}

but it is not showing in cloud.boltiot.com page.

Even if I try to connect from BOLT android app after tapping on Ready, app is keep on loading infinite times saying Please wait.

how can I connect my device to my cloud account ?

@hemantlader Your friend will have to unlink his/her device from the Bolt Cloud account first. Please check the instructions here to unlink the device:

I believe you have one of the older versions of Bolt so in case you face any issue let me know.

Hi @hemantlader,

Bolt IoT App is designed for your Bolt version-2 and it will not work for Bolt version-1.

Log in with your older cloud account (device owner account) and unlink the device from the account https://docs.boltiot.com/docs/sharing-device#section-2-unlinking-the-device-from-account and then Update your Bolt Firmware and in the last step link your device to your account.

• Connect your bolt to the internet enabled Wi-Fi network and type bolt_ip_address/update to update the bolt firmware version. For example- 192.168.2.37/update

• After updating the bolt now try to register type bolt_ip_address/register?email=your_email_id

• For example- 192.168.2.37/register?email=hemantlader@gmail.com

Also, check it this link helps Bolt Setup Debugging WiFi Connection

Do let me know in case you need further assistance.

Actually I don’t know him(teammate who has registered the device as owner) personally, we met at workshop only.
I can’t ask him to unlink the device I don’t have his contact info.

Is there any solution ?

Hi @hemantlader,

Please send your email id and device id to support@boltiot.com
We will unlink the device from the previous owner. Also, remove your device id from the forum.

Do let me know in case you need further assistance.

@rahul.singh or team, I too have the same case, can you please unlink my device as well so that i would re-register it. I am dropping mail to support@boltiot.com for the same. Please reply soon.