Refund the cash

I have taken a web development course and then for some reasons applied for refund. Even after 7 working day my cash was not refunded. Please help me.

Refunds made to your Bolt balance will reflect immediately. Those made to your payment method may take up to 14 business days to reflect in your account. If more time has passed, please contact Support for help. Note: Refunds can only be issued to the original payment method used to place the order.
Please follow the same payment procedure while availing for refund

Hi @ahpranav12,
I have taken this to the team and you’ll soon get an update.

Hi @ahpranav12,
Please send your bank account statement from 9th of April to 2nd of May on raghav.srivastava@boltiot.com . Your refund was sent to your UPI ID ahpr******@oksbi.

Thank you for your reply.
I’ll send my bank transaction details as soon as possible. But my UPI ID is not same as mentioned in your message. Could you please check and confirm that.
Thank you

Hi @ahpranav12,
This seems to be a Google Pay UPI ID. Please do the following to confirm:
1)Open Google Pay
2)Click on your profile image on the top right
3)go to banks section
4)Click on the bank you used to pay.
You’ll see the UPI ID. Do let me know if it’s the same as ahpr******@oksbi. Do let me know if it’s not the same.

Hi,
Thank you for your reply again. Yes the mentioned UPI ID is my Google pay UPI ID. But I checked in Google pay history it’s not showing about amount credited by Boult io. Im attaching the same file here.
Screenshot_20220517-104300_GPay|225x500](upload://de67OZzduIaSwEPpAFOYntFhkJl.jpeg)

Thank you

Hi
I’m still didn’t received the amount. Its already 15 days. Please help me over this.
And how can I share my bank transaction history ?
Please make a reply.
Thank you

Hi @ahpranav12 ,
Please download your Bank statement from 9th of April to the 2nd of May and send it to support@boltiot.com .

Also, the screenshot you posted is not uploaded for some reason.No need to post it again, just send your Bank account statement on the aforementioned email.

same issue i am facing on cash app device.