Regarding code in python

Dear sir,
I am writing this forum to inform you that I tried a code to turn on led based on ldr values.as ldr gives output in string data type i converted into int and used that value to turn on my led.
But it showing an error which I am not able to resolve.
In light of above issue i request you to reply at your earliest convenience
Thanking you,
Yours sincerely,
Akhilesh

Hi @me23btech11058

Could you please share a snippet or screenshot of your code? Also do share a snapshot of the hardware connections and the error you are encountering. This will enable us to guide you with a proper solution.

Sorry for the inconvenience sir i have forgotten to attach the screenshot
Here is the screenshot below :point_down:

Hi @me23btech11058

The ‘analogRead’ function is returning a JSON string, and you are trying to convert it directly to an integer using ‘int()’ . You need to extract the actual value from the JSON string before converting it to an integer. Please try the modified code below:

import json

mybolt = Bolt(ak, di)
response = mybolt.analogRead('A0')

# Parse the JSON response
data = json.loads(response)
analog_value = int(data['value'])

if analog_value < 200:
    print(mybolt.digitalWrite('1', 'HIGH'))
else:
    print(mybolt.digitalWrite('1', 'LOW'))

Do try this and let us know if you face any issues.

Sir could I know the difference between normal string and json string and also
Could you explain the two lines with variables named(data and analog_read)

data = json.loads(response)
In this line, we we load our response in data variable.
we use ‘json’ because it provide interoperability with APIs.

analog_value = int(data[‘value’])
In this line of code, we put only value part of our string into variable ‘analog_value’.

I trust that the information provided is clear and understandable. If you have any further questions or require additional clarification, please feel free to ask

Hi @me23btech11058

Normal string:

• A normal string is a sequence of characters enclosed in single (’ ‘), double (" "), or triple (’‘’ ’ ‘’‘, “”" “”" or ‘’’ ‘’‘’) quotes.
  • It is a basic data type in many programming languages, including Python.
  • Normal strings are used to represent and manipulate text data.
    example: my_string = "Hello, World!"

JSON string:

• JSON (JavaScript Object Notation) is a lightweight data interchange format that is easy for humans to read and write, and easy for machines to parse and generate.
  • A JSON string is a sequence of characters formatted according to the JSON specification.
  • It typically represents data in key-value pairs, arrays, and nested structures.
    example : json_string = '{"key": "value", "array": [1, 2, 3]}'

To answer your second query:
data = json.loads(response): Parses a JSON-formatted string (response) into a Python dictionary (data).

analog_value = int(data['value']): Extracts the integer value associated with the key 'value' from the dictionary data and assigns it to analog_value.

If you still have any queries, please feel free to get back to us