Regarding Twilio...webpage is updated now and its different

Hello friends,
Twilio webpage is updated and I’m not able to understand as how to generate a number for SMS.
Its different from the one steps given in course
Anyone try to help me out

1 Like

Hello!
I happen to encounter the same issue but tried figuring out the logic of all the steps provided in the course and was able to crack it. Please follow the following steps:
Step 1: Open https://www.twilio.com/ in browser.
Step 2: Click on sign up and start building.
Step 3: Enter your following details -

• First Name
  • Last Name
  • Email
  • Create a password for yourself
  • Accept terms and conditions
  • Click to start your free trial.
    Step 4: It will ask you to verify your email, hence go to your mailbox and verify. Click on confirm your email.
    Step 5 Verify your phone number. Hence enter your phone number and a code will be send out on your cell-phone. Kindly enter the that code in the cavity and submit.
    Step 6 It will take you to the page stating do you write code? Select Yes.
    Step 7 It will take you to a page with various programming language icons, Choose python.
    Step 8 It will take you to a page stating What is your goal today?, Choose Use Twilio as project.
    Step 9 It will take you to a page stating What do you want to do first?, Choose send or recieve message
    Step 10 it will take you to a page stating My first Twilio project Dashboard. You can edit your project at the right hand bottom corner as “My Project”.
    Step 11Click on the button stating Get a trial number. You will get your trial number…pls note it somewhere and click choose this number.
    Step 12 You would be able see the following details on your dashboard
    ACCOUNT SID
    AUTH TOKEN
    Step 13 On the left hand side of the dashboard you will be able to see 3 dots… click it and pin the doc programmable SMS and Phone #.

That’s it… you are good to go!!!

1 Like

hello Subhasree,
i have also encountere with same issue but somehow i able to get over this,and below i will tell you step by step how to setup account on twilio.inc and use SSID,AUTH TOKEN etc. ,Read and apply same as following:
Step 1 : Go to https://www.twilio.com/ in browser and sign up.
Step 2 : Enter your basic details -First Name,Last Name,Email,Create a password for yourself,Accept terms and conditions,Click to start your free trial.
Step 3 : verify your email and mobile number using otp code send to your mobile number.
Step 4: On next page select Yes asking for do you write code?
Step 5: Next page showing various programming language icons, Choose python.
Step 6: Next page will have , What is your goal today?, Choose Use Twilio as project.
Step 7: Now the next page showing, What do you want to do first?, Choose send or recieve message
Step 8: On completinng all this finally now you are at dashboard, to edit project click My project
Step 9: Click on the button showing ,Get a trial number. You will get your trial number and save it for furthur use, if you wanna another one.
Step 10: Now you will able to get following details on dashboard: ACCOUNT SID & AUTH TOKEN.

Thank you for performing and hope it was helped you using twilio services.

1 Like

Hi,
I also encountered the same problem and then I figured out the solution.
Follow these steps
1.Log in to your twilio account
2.Verify a phone number
2.In the left hand side there will be icon with three dots(All products and services icon)
3.Go to programmable SMS
4.Request a number form twilio(It will give you a foreign country number )
5.Follow the steps in the Bolt IoT course you will definitely get the output.
Thank you.Hope it helps you