Regarding Ubuntu installation

I am a Linux( Ubuntu 18.04 )user.I could not set-up an account on Digital Ocean due to the Card issue.
Virtual box is used for running Linux on the windows OS, but I am already using Linux as a part of the dual-boot OS in my Laptop. I am totally blank on what to do next.How to proceed in the course further with the projects? Please help me figure it out.

If you are already using ubuntu on your pc then just go to the terminal and check python version on your ubuntu server using command “python3 --version” and install the package manager using command “ sudo apt install python3-pip” then install Boltiot library for python using command” sudo pip3 install boltiot ”. Now you can start coding for your project using python.

1 Like

Thanks for responding,but how can I use my Linux for Temperature monitoring system as in the course bolt has asked to use putty software to write the code and save it. But no such software is used in Linux.

1 Like

You only need to go to the terminal to work on the project Bolt python library consist of everything, you only need to save your API key and Bolt module id to connect your module. There is a function in Bolt library called Bolt which take your API key and Bolt id as argument to connect module to your code. You at least watch some videos for better understanding.

1 Like

Thanks for your help