Regarding web development in HTML

when I did the coding for the first web devl. class in HTML. After opening it with the google chrome the whole code which I drafted is getting displayed is it correct or not.

I think you are wrong, as you have mentioned that the whole code is being displayed in the browser, to my understanding I take even the HTML tags to be getting displayed. So, probably you would have not saved the file properly, make sure your file ends with extension .html, for e.g. first_page.html, make sure you have closed all tags properly, save the file with .html extension and save and open again, I may sure it will work.

If this is not the case, and you are getting proper title displayed in the chrome tab, and whatever you have written inside the body is displayed in the main screen, then your file and program is correct, else I think above mentioned is the problem.

2 Likes

hi @skumaar000
code never shows up in web pages
i think you must have not placed <"> correctly please check your code once again

may be the syntax has some errors. please check your code again.

According to me you haven’t saved your file with proper extension please check whether you have saved it with. html and try it once again.

Hii, @skumaar000

Follow these steps :

Step 1 : Open new file in Notepad or Sublime text editor.

Step 2 : Paste the code given below -

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
	<title>Bolt IoT</title>
</head>
<body>
	<h1>I'm learning IoT</h1>
	<p>In a nutshell, the Internet of Things is the concept of connecting any device (so long as it has an on/off switch) to the Internet and to other connected devices. The IoT is a giant network of connected things and people – all of which collect and share data about the way they are used and about the environment around them.</p>
</body>
</html>

Step 3 : Save the file with my-webpage.html

Step 4 : Open my-webpage.html file with any browser.

Output will looks like something this-

Now you can code according to your need.

Hope this will solve your query

1 Like

Hello @skumaar000
Please check the extension of the file and the syntax of each tag once and save the file. Then, open the file in chrome and refresh the page. Hope you get it.

save your sublime code as .html file and then open in google crome it will open and show your output if code is correct