Revolutionary Way to Monitor Environmental Conditions

Hi,
Does anyone know the revolutionary way to monitor environmental conditions? And also we can access our data from anywhere via smartphone!

Is that possible?

@oliverthomas2314 you can use a variety of sensors with the Bolt module to monitor the environment from your smartphone, let me know if you need help with anything specific.

1 Like

Do you have any experience using a DS18B20 sensor?

1 Like

Its a digital temperature sensor used to measure temperature, let me know if you need help with anything specific.

1 Like

I am trying to come out with a cloud based prototype to monitor temperature ( 100 - 200 F ) and during certain conditions, alert if temp falls below threshold however most of the projects I have seen online don’t use that particular sensor. Sensor will be on a very humid and hot environment.

1 Like

As You are looking to make a project that will alert about the environmental conditions.
First list out the critical parameters that to be measured to monitor and give alerts about the condition.

1. Temperature and humidity-LM35 or DHT11/22 sensors
    2.Air quality - MQ135 sensor
    3.CO2,H2,CO,LPG,natural gas- u can refer MQ sensor series
    4.Armospheric pressure

By measuring these parameters,you can send those values over cloud by Bolt Iot or you can tweet these data along with its location.This will be a real time project where we can sense and send the real time data to social media(kind of weather monitoring too).

1 Like