Trouble in connecting

i was using my bolt wifi module for my traning. it suddenly disconnected and now i am trying from 12 hr but enable to reconnect it can any one plzz help me with this.

Follow connection steps from base level i.e. power it off and then connect it to power supply.
Try ignoring the Bolt Wifi module from your mobile Wifi connection list and connect using Bolt IoT App, sequentially following steps displayed on the screen.
Make sure the blue and green LED lights are on (blue LED-stable).

I tried this but it’s not working

greetings Anish Gupta,
I’ve also faced similar issues during my training …could you let me know in which phase are you facing the problem.
is your bolt device still shown in bolt app? does the blue light blink slowly as you power on the bolt module?
in this case do the following:
check if your bolt device is working i.e, whether the blue light turns on and blinks slowly … in case its not blinking and is constant it means its connected to your device. in that case go to
https://cloud.boltiot.com/home/
click on the 3 dots >> device info >> disconnect
this should disconnect your device and

also check that your bolt firmware is up to date. then you can go to
https://docs.boltiot.com/docs >> setting up the bolt wifi module >> step3 and follow the procedure which will help you setup your device freshly.
first on the bolt device wait for the blue led to start blinking slowly and then go to your app and follow the procedures by clicking ready >> now the blue light will start blinking rapidly which shows its connecting sometimes it takes long time to connect so have some patience , its worth it.
in case you are facing any other problems please add more detail to your query.
i hope this was helpful. do let me know if you are still unable to connect.

Follow these steps while connecting :

• Make sure that you are connecting to 2.4 GHz band instead of 5 GHz band
  • Try connecting the power supply directly to the wall instead of extension board
  • Make sure that you have an internet connection in your router or mobile
  • Make sure you are entering correct credentials of WiFi eg. SSID and password
  • If your blue LED doesn’t glow at all then you don’t have proper power supply
  • Try restarting everything by forgetting the WiFi credentials

Hope this will work

greeting abhishek!

when i gave power to my bolt device the blue light begins to glow and blinks but it does not conneting with my mobile wifi. in my bolt app ,device is present. i was enable to disconnect it using above method as my device is offline(as its not connecting with wifi). so what else i can do if you have any idea plz let me know.

hello @anishgupta2522
try to proceed again from scratch as you proceed earlier but make sure if the device status on cloud showing connected, first disconnect it and the follow below steps:

1. Make sure that you are connecting to 2.4 GHz band instead of 5 GHz band
  2. Try connecting the power supply directly to the wall instead of extension board
  3. Make sure that you have an internet connection in your router or mobile
  4. Make sure you are entering correct credentials of WiFi eg. SSID and password
  5. If your blue LED doesn’t glow at all then you don’t have proper power supply
  6. Try restarting everything by forgetting the WiFi credentials

hope this helps you go throug again carefully if not:

hey,
I’m sorry for the delay in my reply , in case your still facing problem check out with this message else ignore.
if the led is slowly blinking that means your bolt wifi module is working fine and is ready to connect, the problem is with the wifi of your phone … so i would first suggest you to go to hotspot settings and check if the AP band is set to 2.4 GHz … as shown in my screenshot below.

incase you are unable to set it try doing the same with a different phone and can you share a ss of where exactly you are getting stuck?
watch this tutorial once carefully and follow the steps in it : https://trainings.boltiot.com/courses/429176/lectures/6646929
i am roughly guessing you might have accidentally changed the SSID or password of your mobile hotspot. this can be solved easily by add device option in the application ,follow the steps carefully and try keeping your phone close to the bolt wifi module.
if all these fail try uninstalling the bolt app and reinstall it and login again that should help and if that fails try connecting with a different phone.
i hope this helps you resolve the issue.

@abhishekkini80110
Friend I’m stuck with the same problem ie., my green light is not blinking.I have connected my mobile’s wifi hotspot but it’s not working.It worked once but trying next time made the problem.Even when I reinstalled the app,it is showing the device as already added.So what should I do?

Please help me it’s urgent.

Hello @meenadhruvan

Try to forget the device from the app and start fresh. No need to uninstall it. Just forget and restart. Everything will go on fine.