Unable to access training course after cod

It’s been almost nine days period since I’ve received my bolt kit via cod and it still shows payment pending I’ve tried asking help from the whatsapp contact number but it’s not proving to be helpful. Can you please solve this problem Thank you.

I am facing a similar problem. I have paid it online and things are not working out great.

mail all your queries to support@boltiot.com and the issues will be resolved within few working days.

what’s the problem ??

Hello bro, the same problem i have faced when i ordered the kit but after receiving my kit ,it took approx 10 days to conform my payment and start the training session. so i would suggest you to wait for now 1 or 2 days and also continuously check at https://training.boltiot.com and give your details for conforming your details or status of payment.
i am sure you will be got logged into training and successfully start the training.

@parthos250 Do not panic There may be some technical issue due to which it may be showing payment pending. MAIL at support@boltiot.com to get informed on which side is the error due to which you cannot access the course the support team is very good they will surely help you
through this

it’s the date 8th march my package was delivered on 19th feb

Hi Partha,

There was an issue in our automatic order delivery tracking system due to which your order was not updated as paid and hence the training access was not shared. We have resolved the issue from our end and the order has been updated.

To access the training, you can visit cloud.boltiot.com/trainings and login using the email id that you had used to place the order.

Our apologies for the inconvenience caused.