Unable to connect bolt device with boltiot app

Though both green and blue lights are on,it is showing lost connection to bolt,plz help

@khanbubun
Generally, if both blue and green lights are ON (stable) then that means everything is fine and your device has been connected to the bolt cloud over a wifi network.
But if it is showing " connection lost " then follow the steps again to add your device in boltiot mobile app. Try to use different wifi network or other mobile’s hotspot if you are unable to connect even though after adding device again.
To change the wifi network you can repeat the add device process and add new hotspot or wifi network when asked in the process of adding device.
Hope it helps…

Hi @khanbubun ,
Please record a video of your Bolt module and upload it on google drive and share the link so I can see the status of the lights. Also, share the screenshot of the error.

@khanbubun
I think the problem is with your wifi connection. Please make sure its stable or connect to another wifi network with internet access by repeating the steps to add your bolt device.

1 Like

not working with other wifi connection too

Screenshot_20220624_193317|251x500
Shared scrrenshot of the problem faced,same problem faced with other android mobile and other wifi too.

Both lights are on!
Screenshot_20220624_193313|238x500

with other android mobile too

@khanbubun can you please check if you can find your Bolt on the cloud dashboard.

Firstly, unplug your bolt device from USB port and then in mobile, go to the wife settings, go to the particular wifi and click on forget network. Also off the wife.
Now connect your bolt with the USB and then go to mobile app. Login to your BOLT-IOT app and follow the steps again. Mean while it will ask to turn-on wifi. Then turn on and connect to your bolt hotspot which is visible now.
once Bolt hot-spot is connected with the given password, go to continue and add you particular wifi.
Then it will ask for password of wifi. TYpe it and add the network.
Now it will access the internet.

I think the problem is with your wifi connection. Please make sure its stable or connect to another wifi network with internet access by repeating the steps to add your bolt device.

Turn off the current WiFi connection and try to connect to another WiFi connection or use mobile-hotspot.

The LED lights on the bolt wifi module has to be emitting light without blinking before linking to a device. So, power up the module.

@srik.1916146 Are you facing any issues? If that’s the case, please record a video of your Bolt module and upload it on google drive and share the link so I can see the status of the lights.

Good morning Sir. Today when I logged in to give the certification test it shows the course access code did not match. Could please resolve the issue.

My email ID: srik.1916146@gct.ac.in

Hi @srik.1916146,
I have already replied to you over here. The team is looking into it and we’ll get back to you shortly.

Thank for your response sir. @raghav.srivastava

1 Like

Let’s start from the beginning,
Download the Bolt iot application, and connect your module to the power supply. A slow steady blue light will be blinking, this makes sure that the module is acting as a hotspot. Now make sure you connect your mobile to the Bolt module’s hotspot. Turn on your mobile internet too just to make sure nothing goes wrong. Now continue in your bolt iot Application and give the wifi credentials you want your module to connect with. press continue, If it takes longer or if it fails, make sure your mobile’s wifi is connected to the MODULE’S HOTSPOT(if not, it will fail). If your mobile is connected to the module hotspot, and you have given the credentials of your home wifi network, your bolt module will be setup successfully and a green light will also steadily glow along with the blue one. This makes sure that your module is connected to your cloud and to the internet. You can see this module in you cloud dashboard.
I hope you got your answer.
Thank you.

Hello!!
Firstly you need to download the bolt iot application from play store or App store. Then login to the app by entering your credentials. After successful login click on Add device. Follow the steps which are specified that is 1) power on the bolt device using USB 2) after connecting a blue led in the bolt device will blink. 3) select the bolt network from your wifi settings and paste the password given ,then click on continue 4) enter your wifi credentials . A green light will be visible from the bolt device and the bolt app.
refresh the products page in the bolt cloud and the device would be shown as ‘online’.
if the connection was not successful then change the wifi settings or device and repeat the steps.

wishing you the best. I hope this was helpful…
Thank you