Unable to connect my Bolt ver1 device to the app

Hi,

I purchased Bolt ver. 1 back in 2016. Now, when i am trying to connect my device to the app, it is not getting connected, the blue LED is continuously blinking and the app is not able to link to the device although manually i could connect to bolt hotspot, but it is not showing on app. I also updated the firmware of the board manually using fing app, firmware version got updated to 1.4.4. I have tried all possible ways to connect my device with the app multiple times, but unfortunately i could not do that.

Kindly advise me in getting the issue resolved ASAP.
Bolt Device ID : BOLT9137174

Thanks,
Soumyasri

@kanha_logan The Bolt version 1 is not compatible with the mobile app. It has a different setup process.
@vinayak.joshi Can you please share the steps?

Hi @shoeb.ahmed, i saw another old thread with solution for version 1 devices, attempted to register my device with my id, but it responded back with “user must un-assign first”. Could you please help in getting my device unlinked, so that i would again try to re-register it. I have replied over that thread requesting @rahul.singh1 to help me in getting the device unlinked. I have also dropped a mail to support@boltiot.com mentioning all details.

Thanks,
Soumyasri