Unable to FInd the IP Address of Bolt

First check the Blue LED on your Bolt. If the Blue LED is blinking then go to this link: Bolt Blue LED Blinking But Unable to Connected

When the Blue LED is stable. It means the Bolt is connected to a WiFi network. This is the WiFi whose SSID and Password you entered.

Bolt Hotspot is the WiFi Transmitted by Bolt. When the Bolt is connected to a WiFi Network, it will stop giving Bolt hotspot. This is because now you can access and control Bolt by connecting to your WiFi router to which Bolt is connected.

If the Blue LED is stable and not Blinking then follow the steps given below:

1. Check if the device you are using to search the IP (Laptop/Phone) is connected to the same WiFi Router/Network to which your Bolt is connected.

2.Try using an alternate IP scanning software like Fling. Sometimes IP scanner gives an issue.
For Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.overlook.android.fing&hl=en4
For iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/fing-network-scanner/id430921107?mt=8

1. The Bolt IP Address may be shown against any of the following names:
    a. Expressiff
    b. ESP
    c. BOLT
    Any of these names like Expresiff, ESP or Bolt may e followed by a number or letter.
    So look for all three names on the scanner. Any one wil be present.

The IP address of Bolt may not be in the mentioned address range .let the address range be 192.168.1.1 - 192.168.2.254.

Most of the Cases, 19216811.is the Default Gateway IP Address of all popular Routers. If 192.168.1.1 doesn’t work, then try 192.168.0.1

same kind of issue.can you like the reply which helped you so that it become easy for me.

@nonaberry.96
Can you please tell me why you require the IP address of Bolt? This step was required for the Bolt version 1 device. If you have a Bolt version 2 module i.e. white colored board then you don’t need to know the IP address. You can use the Bolt mobile app on Android or iOS to setup you Bolt device.

Let me know if this was helpful or if this does not solve your issue.

it is because in bolt version 2 with this router login guide may be it takes allowance at the time of installation.

It means the Bolt is connected to a WiFi network. This is the WiFi whose SSID and Password you entered. … When the Bolt is connected to a WiFi Network, it will stop giving Bolt hotspot. This is because now you can access and control Bolt by connecting to your WiFi router to which Bolt is connected.

Can bolt be connected to wifi and at same time give hotspot??

Connecting to WiFi and giving hotspot simultaneously is not possible.

Have you tried 192.168.0.1 ? … that is another very common router IP

It is possible that The ip address of the bolt is not available in the mentioned address range . Try finding it somewhere else.