Unable to run the AI code in replit

Hi,
I have started doing AI course. In that, I started writing the first chatcompletion code using gpt-3.5-turbo, it is showing an error “RateLimitError: You exceeded your current quota, pl ease check your plan and billing details”. Please guide me to resolve this error

I had the same problem earlier. it either means that the code in inaccurate. Or you will have to refresh your page.

You only get a certain amount of free credits/quota to use the API or your tokens have expired.( they have 3 month validity)

I have checked and tried again. It is showing same response

But it is just few minutes gap for api token creation and using in replit

This error typically occurs when you have reached the maximum number of API calls or the total tokens consumed within a given time period.

To resolve this error, you can check your API usage, If You actually reached the maximum number of API calls and don’t want to wait then you can Upgrade your plan.

OR

You Can Implement rate limiting: If you are making multiple API calls concurrently, consider implementing rate limiting in your code to control the number of requests per minute or per second. This can help you stay within the limits and prevent the “RateLimitError” from occurring.

Hope This Helps

It seems like you are describing a common error related to API usage limits. When working with APIs, developers often encounter limitations on the number of requests they can make within a certain time frame or the total number of tokens (characters) consumed. This is implemented by API providers to manage server load, prevent abuse, and ensure fair usage.

Hi @suryakadali873,

I apologize for the significant delay in responding to you.

Regarding the API issue, many users may encounter an error if they do not have sufficient credits to access the OpenAI API keys.
If you are facing this problem, it is crucial to verify the usage of your API key, particularly if it has a balance of $0 or if it has expired.
In such cases, it is recommended to create a new account using a different phone number and a different email ID.
By doing so, you will receive $5 worth of credits, which will remain valid for three months.

This generally occurs if you have exhausted all you free credits or its expired.To address this issue, it is advisable to create a new account with a different phone number and email ID, which will grant $5 worth of credits valid for three months. The other option is to purchase the credits which plans are mentioned in the billing and plans tab of openai settings

The “RateLimitError: You exceeded your current quota” error indicates that you’ve exceeded the usage limits associated with your OpenAI GPT-3.5-turbo API key. This error typically occurs when you’ve surpassed the allowed number of requests or tokens for your plan.

Here are some steps you can take to resolve this error:

1. Check Your Plan: Ensure that you are on a paid plan with OpenAI that supports the GPT-3.5-turbo engine. Free plans have limited usage, and you may need to upgrade to a paid plan to access more resources.
  2. Review Your Usage: Double-check your code to ensure that you are not making more requests than your plan allows. Pay attention to the number of tokens used in each request, as this can affect your usage.
  3. Optimize Your Requests: If you are making multiple requests, consider optimizing your code to make fewer, more efficient calls to the API. You might be able to get the same results with fewer requests.
  4. Check Billing Details: Make sure that your billing details are up to date. If there are any issues with your payment information, it could lead to restrictions on your account.
  5. Review API Documentation:*Refer to the OpenAI API documentation for GPT-3.5-turbo to understand the usage limits associated with your plan. This will help you adjust your usage accordingly.
  6. Contact OpenAI Support: If you’ve reviewed the above steps and are still facing issues, it’s recommended to reach out to OpenAI support. They can provide specific guidance on your account and help resolve any billing or quota-related issues.