I have purchased bolt iot in Feb’16. I have followed some tutorial and able to activate LEDs. I didn’t remember the steps followed & don’t have any reference material. Can you please help me with some reference documentation to use bolt v1 module and perform simple tasks like activating LED. Thanks in advance for your support
hi @cmkmoorthy. yeah, we can control an LED easily by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Take one leg of the resistor and wrap it around the longer leg of the LED i.e positive leg.
- Insert the negative leg of the LED into the ground pin (GND) of the Bolt module.
- Insert the other leg of the resistor in digital pin 0 of the Bolt.
- Then write the code to operate the LED.
Here I use HTML code.
For controlling the 60w bulb or LEDs, we can use a relay.
Thanks @satyasrinath7 for the details. It is not clear how this html code connects with the bolt iot module. I have followed the steps mentioned in this forum to connect the bolt device to the wifi network (by updating the information in the SD card). Can you please share some details in this regard.
The 5th line of code will be having all the program thing. We just need to change the Api key and Name according to your module.
In the body section, we create two buttons to operate the LED using digitalWrite function.
refer the documentation on docs.boltiot…com
Can you check this?
Make sure you have all the files on the SD card of Bolt device https://github.com/Inventrom/bolt-sdcard-files then refer to this video for setting up your Bolt device version 1 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B26-Cg9KhEWwTUcxWXRuQ3pWMFU/view
Then refer to this link to control the led locally https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B26-Cg9KhEWwdm5oU1JUb3hRM0E/view
<!doctype html> <html> <head> <title>BOLT</title> </head> <body> <center> <h3> LED Controller</h3> <br> <button><a href="digitalWrite?pin=0&state=HIGH">LED ON</a></button><br><br> <button><a href="digitalWrite?pin=0&state=LOW">LED OFF</a></button> </center> </body> </html>
- Then update your Bolt firmware by following the below steps
- Connect your bolt to a WiFi network with a fast internet connection.
- Find the IP address of your Bolt on the network
- Use the following URL after replacing it with the IP of your Bolt found in step 2
- After updating the firmware, you can follow these docs https://docs.boltiot.com/docs/controlling-devices to control your device from Bolt Cloud.
Do let me know in case you need further assistance.
Thanks for sharing the details.
I was able to use the BOLT in standalone mode but have trouble connecting to the cloud.
In the above step, I am not able to perform “ip_address/update”.
It throws an error that ‘/update is not found’
I don’t know if it helps, but check the post over here - Updates to the Bolt SD card Files
Please share your Bolt device id. I will link it to your account then you can just connect your Bolt device to the wifi network and it should work.
Do let me know in case you need any other information.
Sir, is there any documentation anywhere for this digitalWrite API’s and more? Would be of great help
Refer here -