VPS (Virtual Private Server)

It is been not told anywhere that after purchasing this bolt IoT module , we will had again do a transaction for Digital Ocean. Once we had paid a full amount and purchased the bolt module then everything should be arranged properly so that the student does not get hassle in the middle of the course. It is very much disappointing that in the middle of the Progress I had to stop. It is free but I had to do a transaction which is not possible now , you had to tell first that after purchasing , once again the buyer had to do a online transaction.

@vivekbarnwal85 please don’t get disappointed.
i can understand your point,but you need not to stop the training at all ,you can do these when you can do transaction which is also free. and now you just skip that digital ocean part and continue with the next module, see during course there are 3 to 4 such other registration to 3rd party application free of cost .
IF YOU DON’T WANT TO GO FOR SUCH THINGS NOW YOU CAN DO IT LATER ON ,I RECOMMEND YOU TO CONTINUE THE TRAINING BY JUST SKIPPING THOSE THING WHICH YOU ARE UNABLE TO DO NOW

JUST DON’T STOP THESE WONDERFULL,LIFETIME ACCESS TRAINING.

you can use ubuntu server not need to stop your training
just download ubuntu server iso image and install it on Virtual-Box or on Vmware workstation

1 Like

Which projects as now I do and which project shall I leave now?

you need not stop with the course, you can install the Ubuntu server by installing a VMware
https://trainings.boltiot.com/courses/429176/lectures/6655720
follow the instructions here. You need not pay for anything. The VMware is free.
The reason this course asks you to create a digitalOcean account is so that you have knowledge on how to deploy on cloud.

1 Like

ok , first tell me which o.s do you have?

I am using Windows 10

i too use windows o.s and as we now that digital ocean is free for only 1 month so i have not use it till now and i do not wish to change my o.s to ubuntu or any other .so i just keep on continuing with the modules .

you just keep on going ,our and my case is litttle bit same
to run your python you can use anaconda navigator,i also use it,
i am also on the same junction on which you are there , ask again if you need help.

you can install ubuntu on vmware it no affects your os and you can easily run both window 10 and ubuntu server together

actually my laptop has only 3 GB of ram and also i am using autocad & anaconda navigator
so now if i install any other thing it gets hang and work slowly. so was the reason of my reply

You can install Termux on Mobile and use it. The code are simliar you just dont have to write sudo. And you have to install some tools like nano by typing pkg install nano

1 Like