Why buzzer circuit don't need resistor?

While working on the buzzer exercise after Project 4 I realized that the buzzer circuit would be the same as the LED circuit just without the resistor. I know we use the resistor to limit current flow but why are we don’t need resistor for the buzzer?

1 Like

@aniketsharma00411 This is a nice question.
As we are using a small 5V Piezo it uses very small amount of current so that’s why we don’t use a resistor . Like you have mentioned resistors are used to limit current flow. Since the buzzer already takes only a very small current, we do not want to resist that current. That’s the reason we do not use a resistor with buzzer .
Hope it helps you understand better !

1 Like

As we are using a small 5V Piezo it uses very small amount of current so that’s why we don’t use a resistor .

If a 5V Piezo uses small amount of current that is even more reason to add a resistor to it. Won’t the extra current will roast the device?

I googled the issue and I found a similar question on Stack Exchange. According to it, the Piezo buzzer doesn’t require a resistor because it’s an active device and thus can control current flow in the circuit whereas LEDs are passive and can’t.