Why do we use python on linux and not on windows

Why it do not work on windows

Hey,
You can use Python on both Linux and Windows but using on Linux is easy as all the commands used are easy to use and installation part and updating part is simple in Linux but complex in Windows… So better to use Linux than Windows

Learning python is more important as compared to the OS. Linux makes it easier to use python because you don’t go through many installation steps unlike in Windows.It’s not because any platform is better than any other, all you need is the Python interpreter and a text editor.

Also,I would say that any production environments where you’re deploying Python code will most likely be Linux environments, so learning it natively in Linux will give you simultaneous experience using Linux.

what to do if I am unable to setup ubuntu desktop via any of the three methods provided.

Hi @himanig2105,

You can run all your python code on online IDE. Check this link VMware, Virtualbox, Digital Ocean all are not working : Solved

Do let me know in case you need further assistance.

python can be used on linux as well as windows. But more preferably many people use python on linux because it don’t go through many installation steps unlike windows and its easy to switch between the versions of python.

No,python is also working on windows.Basically in windows when you use IDLE it is very difficult or impossible to run as COMMAND LINE ARGUMENT(CLI) and if you use PyCharm IDE you have to create a virtual environment for running specific version of program because some module is incompatible for python 2.x or python 3.x in your main machine’s python version.If you want to use in cmd you can use it but interface is not so good and also there may be also module compatibility issue.But when you use Linux ,here main priority is terminal which is very good interface .
In linux you will face rarely any issue with module and program and debugging is also good in LINUX .No need to create any virtual env or using idle or face any issue of CLI.So that’s why linux is idle OS for any programmer not only python.

1 Like

Its just that boltiot library is not compatible with windows 10 it works fine with windows 8.1 and windows 7. It keeps on showing errrors on windows 10.

It is considered more secure

I am using widows 10 it works perfectly

@lath2411 Friend as many have quoted python can be run on both linux and windows,but the fact is that linux is more compatible with python commands.Python is native to Linux as I have read in some references.Installation of libraries is much good and quick in linux(I don’t know about windows in this context!!).
Moreover Linux kernel is much better than windows.Another attraction is the large no. of free tools.Some of the linux utilities are written in linux eg.,Redhat’s yum and also sponsers Python conferences and meetups.
But I won’t say that windows is bad.You can use visual studio code which is being received well by programmers today.It’s just my opinion and not not something that everyone should follow.

Any more explanations can be provided upon request if I’m having the resource.If I’m wrong please feel free to correct too.
Thank You

Python, named after the British comedy group Monty Python, is a high-level, interpreted, interactive, and object-oriented programming language. Its flexibility allows you to do many things, both big and small. With Python, you can write basic programs and scripts and also create complex and large-scale enterprise solutions. Here’s a sampling of its uses:

Building desktop applications, including GUI applications, CLI tools, and even games
Doing a mathematical and scientific analysis of data
Building web and Internet applications
Doing computer systems administration and automating tasks
Performing DevOps tasks
You can find Python everywhere in the world of computer programming. For example, Python is the foundation of some of the world’s most popular websites, including Reddit, Dropbox, and YouTube, to name a few. The Python web framework Django powers both Instagram and Pinterest.

Python has a bunch of features that make it attractive as your first programming language:

Free: Python is available free of charge, even for commercial purposes.
Open source: Anyone can contribute to Python development.
Accessible: People of all ages, from school children to retirees, have learned Python, and so can you.
Versatile: Python can help you solve problems in many fields, including scripting, data science, web development, GUI development, and more.
Powerful: You can code small scripts to automate repetitive tasks, and you can also create complex and large-scale enterprise solutions with Python.
Compared to other programming languages, Python has the following features:

Interpreted: It’s portable and quicker to experiment with than compiled languages.
Multiparadigm: It lets you write code in different styles, including object-oriented, imperative, and functional style.
Dynamically typed: It checks variable types at runtime, so you don’t need to declare them explicitly.
Strongly typed: It won’t let unsafe operations on incompatible types go unnoticed.
There’s a lot more to learn about Python. But by now, you should have a better idea of why Python is so popular and why you should consider learning to program with it.

Regards,
Bruce

Although there is no visible performance impact or incompatibility when working with python cross-platform, the benefits of Linux for python development outweigh Windows by a lot. It’s a lot more comfortable and definitely will boost your productivity.