Wifi module not turning on

My bolt wifi module is not turning on. When I connect it to a power source or plug it into the laptop, the blue LED blinks once and stops. Can someone tell me what to do?

@niyah.jacob14 are you using the same cable specified in the training?

The connection may be loose try using a different cable

Yes, I am using the cable provided in the kit.

Hey @niyah.jacob14,
Check your connection once.
You can select your power supply as your laptop. That will be easily accessible also you can choose another power source. Follow the steps shown https://docs.boltiot.com/docs here. After providing power supply the blue LED will slowly blink. once you connect it with your Wifi the blue LED will start blink fastly. and then after connecting to your Wifi green LED will glow. And then you will be all set with your Setup.
Follow the provided link and it will definitely work.

1 Like

Hi @niyah.jacob14 ,
First of all, check that the adaptor you use is a 5V Micro USB power adaptor for power supply
Then if you get the blue light blinking , connect it to a WIFI access point and also download the bolt iot app and follow the app instructions.
blue light stable and no green light means your WIFI has no internet access.
After gaining internet access, you will get both blue and green light means all is well.

I’ve been using the wifi module for a long time and this is the first time this is happening. Until now, it was blinking how it was supposed to. I am aware of the steps to be followed to link the product to cloud, I don’t know why it stopped working. However, it is working now even though I didn’t change anything. Thank you for all your help :slight_smile:

1 Like

@niyah.jacob14 hey I’m also facing the same problem please can you tell how your problem was solved?

I am also facing same issues can anyone help?

I didn’t do anything differently, I tried it again after a few days and it worked. I still face the issue so I don’t really have a solution.

Hi @niyah.jacob14 @vrushabhsangave0831 @mustafabsc,

Apology for the delay in response. Please record a video of the issue and upload it to google drive and then share the public link of the video to support@boltiot.com . If your Bolt device is under warranty we will replace your Bolt unit once the lockdown is over.

Do let me know in case you need any other information.

Ohk thank you I will do it soon

I am facing the same issue. Should I do the same?

hey ,
first of all see if the power supply is stable to which you’ve connected your bolt module , then check if your cord is not loose , try doing it with . If it does not work then try connecting it to other power supply , blue light will start blinking slowly once the power is supplied , then do the connections as shown in bolt IOT training and connect your bolt module to your wifi hotspot then the green light on the bolt module gets on , it shows your connection is successful and your module is online . I hope it helps