Error regarding credits given in OpenAI

Hello team,I am facing issues regarding the credits provided by OpenAI.When I was running the code after entering the API key as a secret it displayed that I had insufficient balance in my OpenAI account.
So,I created a completely new account with a new phone number and a new email I’d.On doing so,it displayed that the phone number had been connected with an another account although it had never been.Please guide me and tell me how to proceed.Thank you so much.

Hi @asuneja99

Please cross check that the email id and phone number used are new. By creating new account using new phone number and emial id, you should be able to get new open AI credits.

Actually,both of them were new.Tried with various different mobile numbers and various different email IDs.

@asuneja99 do you remember which option you chose while creating your new account on openAI? Was it google sign in or was it email id and password based sign in? Can you try again to create a new account with the email id and password approach with new set of email id and password and check if the credits are granted to you in the usage section.

Sir, It was email id and password based login. Whenever I try to generate an API key it shows to verify a phone number as I displayed in the attached screenshot. Sir, I have tried at least 5 times, each time with a new email id, completely new phone number and new password. It then every time doesn’t grant the credits telling that the phone number has been already used although it hasn’t been used anywhere by me.
Please guide me and tell me how to proceed. Thank you.

Hi @asuneja99

You need not worry about the issue. We are currently in touch with the openAI team to get this resolved. We are also seeing possible alternative options so that your learning is not affected.
It will take us about 2-3 days to get an update on this issue. However rest assured we will ensure that your training is not affected in any way. I will get back to you with an update about. You can also get in touch with me on 9545837126 if you don’t hear back from us in 3 days time

Hi,
I had struggled with the same issue. I tried with different phone numbers and emails - it’s not going to work. I solved it by paying the $5 fee and charging the openAi. It took me a while to recognize it but it worked. Don’t worry on the number of requests you will be able to pass. $5 is plenty.

Hi @evansmathew25 @asuneja99

We at Bolt IoT have created a new platform to solve the issue of Open AI credits. Bolt IoT will be providing you free credits/tokens from our side to ensure that you are able to proceed with your learning.Refer to the following topics in module 1:

1. “Getting access to the API Key” to get the API access
  2. "Install the boltiotai library"Then you can continue with the topics to build the Artificial Intelligence projects taught in the training.Since this is a newly launched library. You might get some errors. You can share a screenshot of the error here on forum.boltiot.com and we will help you out. I hope you have a great learning experience.