Api key issue in artificial intelligence training class

As I have been taking the course, Artificial Intelligence Training class, From the first module there has been a video about getting an API key and to use it. As i Have followed the steps which was show in the video, I happen to receive an error while coding.

"
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/runner/AICODE/main.py”, line 23, in
response = openai.ChatCompletion.create(
File “/home/runner/AICODE/venv/lib/python3.10/site-packages/openai/api_resources/chat_completion.py”, line 25, in create
return super().create(*args, **kwargs)
File “/home/runner/AICODE/venv/lib/python3.10/site-packages/openai/api_resources/abstract/engine_api_resource.py”, line 153, in create
response, _, api_key = requestor.request(
File “/home/runner/AICODE/venv/lib/python3.10/site-packages/openai/api_requestor.py”, line 226, in request
resp, got_stream = self._interpret_response(result, stream)
File “/home/runner/AICODE/venv/lib/python3.10/site-packages/openai/api_requestor.py”, line 619, in _interpret_response
self._interpret_response_line(
File “/home/runner/AICODE/venv/lib/python3.10/site-packages/openai/api_requestor.py”, line 679, in _interpret_response_line
raise self.handle_error_response(
openai.error.RateLimitError: You exceeded your current quota, please check your plan and billing details.
exit status 1
"
The above is the output i have received from the code which was typed after opening the chatgpt 3.5 turbo.
As i would not be able to complete mu further class due to this issue, it would be helpful if it could be resolved as early as possible. As I have entered my 3rd year in my college degree, AI and Data Science, I would complete this training program as quickly as possible, so that I would be able to do internship with this team, if possible, for my final year internship(4th year).

Hoping it would be resolved.

Afeef Anversha (Student)

INSTRUCTOR = PRANAV PAI VERNEKAR
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE TRAINIG

Hello,
It seems that you OpenAI API does not have anymore credits left.
Originally they used to give 18$ credit, now they give 5$ credit.

Do you have two accounts on the same phone number?
Open AI allows 2 email accounts and 5$ credits for the first account registered.

You can try signing in with the first email ID to sign in and the key from the API website

OR

If you have another phone number you can register using that then use the API key accordingly

Ex.:
(these are not authentic email / phone number)
123456789 - This is my phone number

1. 123xyz@www.com - First email registered on above number.
  2. 456abc@www.com - Second email registered on above number.

Now over here I will get the Open AI Credits (Chat GPT credits) for this email only: 123xyz@www.com
(1st email)

I hope you have understood.
Regards
Swaraj

So to continue the course I would have to buy the credits or would the API key would be needed?
As I am student I never knew about the payment of this.
Is it neceessary or not?

Hi @afeefanversha You should try the steps @endait.swaraj mentioned above to get the credits to do the projects.

Hi @afeefanversha

Regarding the API issue, many users may encounter an error if they do not have sufficient credits to access the OpenAI API keys.
If you are facing this problem, it is crucial to verify the usage of your API key, particularly if it has a balance of $0 or if it has expired.
In such cases, it is recommended to create a new account using a different phone number and a different email ID.
By doing so, you will receive $5 worth of credits, which will remain valid for three months.

Hii @afeefanversha
if u r facing this issue regarding the API key u can directly create a new mail id account in which open the openai now create the new account with new mail id then u can easy generate the api key that which going to run the code and you will get the output.

Hi @afeefanversha @indoorubhargavi

We have launch a new platform in the training website website where you can generate api key, use it in your projects and also check its usage stats. Please check https://trainings.boltiot.com/ for more details.