Bolt IoT App Require a Google Account?

I’m setting up my Bolt WiFi Module and noticed that the Bolt IoT app requires a Google account for login.
I have previously used a google account to do so, but have since stopped logging in to my android devices.
Can anyone explain why this is necessary? Are there alternatives to using a Google account?

Can you explain it more?

Yes, i have since resolved the issue by updating the application on a seperate device. But the android with the older version has the app version where the only way to log in to the app is to use a google account, this might be an issue on my end, but id like to confirm that

1 Like

Hi @pahadi69

You can login using your email id and password if you do not wish to sign in using a Google account. However Google sign in makes the login process a lot efficient.

If you have any other queries, please feel free to get back to us.

1 Like

hello pahadi69,
definitely you can sign in using any account of your choice. if you prefer having a custom username and password, you can do that too.
hope it helps.

Thank you very much!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Was your login issue solved? were you able to login and proceed?

Bolt IoT app requires a Google account for login primarily for convenience and security. Using a Google account streamlines the login process by leveraging existing account management infrastructure, reducing the need to create and remember a new username and password.