Bolt IoT is not connecting to mobile app

Hello Bolt team.
I am facing an issue with Bolt setup to mobile app. Both blue and green LEDs are stable but it is not connecting to my app. Again if i try to connect then it does not show bolt hotspot connection OR displays connected! can’t provide internet although both lights are stable. After resetting my wifi password, the result is still same. I had also tried with another wifi network but still facing the same issue.

1 Like

Hi @srivishnuvs7 share me your gmail id so we can connect you .

hello bolt team i am facing same issue . i had done everything whatever you suggested over forum. but i am unable to connect with mobile app. this is worst app . please help me to connect with mobile app or else take back your kit

hi @srivishnuvs7 @prithwis1201
I am Shiven and I started using the BOLT Iot kit recently. Initially, I was furious and impatient just like you but once you cross this initial hurdle which takes a bit of effort, the course is extremely interesting and I have almost finished it in a week’s time.
please check the following link if it is helpul.

I used a laptop and a phone to connect my bolt.
On my phone I had downloaded the app and connected it to the bolt and on the laptop I had kept the Bolt Cloud link opened.

2 Likes

@prithwis1201 @srivishnuvs7,

We apologize for the significant delay in our response.
This issue is because you might have not done the complete Wifi setup for the device using your phone.
During the Wifi Setup in the Last Step you will have to click in Verify Wifi Setup button where your device gets linked to your mail ID, you might have missed out on that step.

Can you please share your Device ID and Email ID to which your device is to be linked so that we can do it from our end and the device will then be visible on the dashboard.

Hi bolt Team, I am facing the same issue.
email Id: aaryanbanga1111@gmail.com
Device Id: Bolt9095560

I would be grateful from your prompt reply.

Hi @aaryanbanga1111
I am Shiven
please check the following link if it is helpful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcR69XCzJpM&t=430s

Sometimes watching the steps makes it easier.

1 Like

Hi @aaryanbanga1111,

I have linked the device BOLT9095560 to the Email ID - aaryanbanga1111@gmail.com, Now you will be able to view the Bolt device in the dashboard when you log in to the Bolt Cloud using the same Email ID.

2 Likes

Thank you sir for the swift response.

1 Like
  1. Check Mobile App Version:
  • Ensure that you are using the latest version of the Bolt IoT mobile app. Update the app from your app store if necessary.
  1. Reboot Your Mobile Device:
  • Sometimes, issues can be resolved by simply restarting your mobile device. Try rebooting your smartphone or tablet and then attempt the setup again.
  1. Reinstall the Mobile App:
  • Uninstall the Bolt IoT app from your mobile device and then reinstall it. This can help in case the app’s installation has become corrupt.
  1. Clear App Cache and Data:
  • If you’re still experiencing issues, go to your device’s settings, find the Bolt IoT app, and clear its cache and data. This will reset the app to its default settings.
  1. Check Mobile Device Permissions:
  • Ensure that the Bolt IoT app has all the necessary permissions on your mobile device, including access to Wi-Fi, location (if required), and any other relevant permissions.
  1. Try a Different Mobile Device:
  • If possible, try setting up the Bolt IoT device with a different mobile device (e.g., another smartphone or tablet) to rule out any issues specific to your current device.
  1. Contact Bolt IoT Support:
  • If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it’s advisable to reach out to Bolt IoT’s customer support. You can send an email to support@boltiot.com along with your forum post so that they can resolve your issue.