Bolt Iot Login Issue

Can able to Login to my accout.

@jjwalanarasimha can you please try logging in again and also try resetting your password?

1 Like

Thank you sir,my problem has solved.

@jjwalanarasimha Anytime. We are always there to help. Do let me know if you need any other help.

My device is not confirmed. It is sending a new confirming code everytime I login into Bolt IoT website.

@jjwalanarasimha can you please share the screenshot of the error?

@jjwalanarasimha are you using the browser in guest/incognito/private mode or have blocked cookies?

No sir, I am not using in that modes. I accepted all the cookies at the starting only.

@jjwalanarasimha which browser are you on? Try using google chrome, it might ask once but then it should work fine.

Yes sir I am using google chrome only. But, it’s not working.

@jjwalanarasimha try some other browsers, it may be some problem with your browser settings. Please make sure your browser is up to date. Do check this out.

kk sir. I will try in some other browsers.

@raghav.srivastava My bolt wifi module is not getting connected to the cloud…the app is not responding again and again as I coonect wifi module to my wifi.

@20BSM013

Hi, Is your issue resolved? Make sure you are not using college/public WiFi. maybe they have restricted the use of the network.

let me know if you require any further help.

yes…it has been solved…thankyouu

Hi, Is your issue resolved? Make sure you are not using college/public WiFi. maybe they have restricted the use of the network

See Sometimes Public Wifi or College Wifi Blocked Certain Connections and services such as SSH and Vpn Connection’s for their Safety the Main Router gateway Block this connections using cloudflare or certain security services. In that case you may use Some other network IP such as your personal Phone Internet IP or some other Friends IP that will not create such Problems as it will not Block your session or session cookies or use Cloudflare Wrap for an easy solution for this. Just make sure your connecting device is correctly set up and is ready for incoming connection. I think this will solve your problem.

I think you have network problem or something problem with company server after some time ir will get solve

You want use email id which you used to buy Bolt iot kit