Hello Bolt team.
I am facing an issue with Bolt setup to mobile app. Both blue and green LEDs are stable but it is not connecting to my app. It displays trouble shoot and try again. Again if i try to connect then it does not show bolt hotspot connection OR displays connected! can’t provide internet although both lights are stable. After resetting my wifi password, the result is still same. I had also tried with another wifi network but still facing the same issue.
Kindly help me in solving my issue. I am trying to connect it since three days.
Hello Bolt team.
Here are a few troubleshooting steps that you can try:
- Make sure that you have downloaded the latest version of the Bolt IoT app on your mobile device.
- Ensure that your Wi-Fi network is compatible with the Bolt device. The Bolt device supports only 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi networks and does not support 5 GHz networks.
- Reset your Bolt device by pressing and holding the reset button for 10 seconds until both the blue and green LEDs start blinking. Once the LEDs stop blinking, try to connect to the Bolt hotspot again.
- Check if your Bolt device is in range of your Wi-Fi network.
Do let us know if any of the above step helps you.
where is the reset button?
I apologize there is no button on module, you can restart or reset in app. can you please share the screenshot.
@vanshikadhawan99211 Hi you can restart your bolt device using this API request https://cloud.boltiot.com/remote/05b65894-691b-4a09-8e46-aa5db94b6f3b/restart?&deviceName=BOLT5436324, which helps in restarting your device
Note: Change the API key and device ID of bolt device
you can also refer to the document to know more
I have faced the same issue.The latest android version is not supported by our app.
I used old version(10) android phone to do the setup process.
I hope this will solve your problem.
If your Bolt IoT setup is not connecting to the mobile app, there could be several reasons for this issue.
1.Ensure that you have entered the correct Wi-Fi credentials during the setup process.
2.Wi-Fi Signal Strength
3.Verify that your mobile device and the Bolt IoT app are compatible with each other. Check the app’s requirements
4. Ensure that you are using the latest version of the Bolt IoT mobile app. Sometimes, updating the app can resolve compatibility issues.
- Confirm that the Bolt IoT device is properly powered on. Ensure that it has a stable power source and is receiving power as expected.
Check if your network has any firewall or security settings that may be blocking the Bolt IoT device from connecting to the internet. You may need to configure your router to allow the device to communicate.
- If you’ve exhausted all other options, consider resetting the Bolt IoT device to its factory settings and then reconfiguring it from scratch. Contact Customer Support