Bolt module connection issue with cloud

The bolt module blue led is on i.e. it is connected to my hotspot. But even after having a internet connectivity the module is keep getting connected and disconnect from the cloud and internet. It got connected for few seconds then again it gets disconnected from the cloud.

What is the status of the green LED? Is it stable? Can you share a short video recording of this behaviour?

Hey,
i)Try checking your internet connectivity.
ii) Take the device closer to the internet source for easy connectivity.
iii) “Forget” the bolt hotspot and connect again.
iv) Try the connection process with the Bolt app on an android device.

Hope this helps.

Hey Aatif,
Firstly you could check your internet connection is stable or not. If you are connected to any organizational Wifi you might not be able to connect using that. It is better if you try to connect using mobile hotspot.
If the blue light i blinking fast it means BOLT hotspot is being connected.
If the green light is on it means Bolt module has got internet connection as well as Bolt cloud.

I hope this was helps you…

@aatif.18jiee039 Is your issue solved? If you are still facing an issue, please share a short video of 20 seconds of your bolt module led status so that we can guide you further. You can upload the video to google drive and share the public link to the video with us so that we can check

Hey @aatif.18jiee039
If your Bolt module’s blue LED is on, indicating it’s connected to your hotspot, but it’s still experiencing intermittent connectivity to the cloud and internet, there could be several reasons behind this issue. You have to troubleshoot the issue your facing. Here’s a step-by-step troubleshooting steps:

1. Check Hotspot Stability: Ensure that your hotspot connection is stable and provides a consistent internet connection. Sometimes, fluctuations in hotspot signals can cause intermittent connectivity issues.

2. Signal Strength: Even if the blue LED is on, the signal strength might not be optimal for a stable connection. Check if the Bolt module is placed within a reasonable range of your hotspot, and if there are any physical obstructions hindering the signal.

3. Power Supply: Make sure that the Bolt module is receiving a stable power supply. Sometimes, inadequate power can lead to connectivity issues. Use a reliable power source and ensure proper connections.

4. Network Settings: Double-check the network settings configured on your Bolt module. Verify that the SSID and password are correctly entered, and there are no typos or mistakes.

5. Firewall or Security Settings: If you’re using a firewall or security settings on your hotspot, ensure that they’re not blocking the Bolt module’s access to the internet or cloud services. Adjust the settings if necessary.

6. Update Firmware: Ensure that your Bolt module’s firmware is up to date. Sometimes, firmware bugs can cause connectivity issues that are resolved in newer versions. Check the Bolt IoT website for any available updates.

7. Reset Bolt Module: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, try resetting your Bolt module to its factory settings. This can often resolve software-related glitches that may be causing the connectivity problem.

8. Contact Bolt Support: If the issue persists after trying the above steps, reach out to Bolt IoT’s customer support for further assistance. They may be able to provide specific troubleshooting steps or advice based on the nature of the problem.

By following these steps, you should be able to diagnose and resolve the connectivity issue with your Bolt module.