Bolt WiFi Module connections with Home Appliances / Home Automation

How can I connect my WiFi module to different appliances. What is the range of its power?

@vivek.18mca3027, the range of the Bolt WiFi module will not be more than a few meters(10-15m) from the WiFi router.
Can you please let me know what kind of appliances are you looking to connect to it?

Home appliances like CFL, LED lights fans etc…

Hi @vivek.18mca3027,

For controlling your home appliances you will have to connect the Bolt WiFi module to your Home appliences via a relay.
Please view the following link for details of how you can do the same.

2 Likes

Hi @vinayak.joshi Thanks for the link you send. Can you please assist me for connecting it with a Dual Channel relay?

Hi @abhishekjns2007,

Using a 2 channel relay is not that much different from using 2 single channel relays taped together.

The only difference is going to be that, instead of 2 GND connections and 2 VCC connections at the input side, you will have only 1 GND and VCC connection at the input.

since the wifi module can support only upto 5 v.so for home appliances we can use relay switch along with wifi module which can support 220v.the range of wifi module is about 15-20 meter.

The bolt wifi module support up to only 5 volt.
So you need to connect it to a relay module that can use the wifi module with mains voltage to operate equipments like cfl ,fan and etc.

my bulb isnt staying on when i click on ‘on’ the bulb just blinks and turns off, can anyone tell me whats the issue here?