Bolt WiFi module setup

I am trying to connect my WiFi module with my mobile phone. While trying I could see both the blue and green light glow stable but in my mobile it shows that no device is connected.

@vasa20ec117

Was it the first time you were trying to set up your Bolt IoT Device?

@akshayan.sinha Yes sir. It is the first time I’m setting up my bolt device

@vasa20ec117

Did your App crash while setting up the device?

And please let me know whether you are using Android 12.

@akshayan.sinha . No I’m using Android 11 only

@vasa20ec117

Is your Bolt’s Green and Blue LED stable when turned on?

Can you please shoot a video of the light’s being stable but not visible in the Mobile App?

Upload to the google drive and mail the PUBLIC link to support@boltiot.com

@akshayan.sinha ok sir I will

@akshayan.sinha Sir I mailed the video through the mail support@boltiot.com sir.

@vasa20ec117 please try to connect the bolt module and and your mobile phone with bolt app to the same WIFI connection so it will connect to the bolt cloud without any error or issues. Even I faced the same problem initially.

@tejasm.ee19 @akshayan.sinha I tried what you told but even though it shows no device is connected

yes I also tried many times but it is showing no device connected

@sahupoorab01

Can you create a new post and elaborate on your issue? Have you followed the steps and provided wifi credentials to your Bolt Module?

What is the status of the BLUE and GREEN lights on your module?

To setup Bolt WiFi module you will need a USB cable and will have to download Bolt IoT app which is available in Google Play Store or App Store.

Login to the app using the credentials of Bolt cloud account or sign in using google account details. If you don’t have one, create it.

1. Connect your Bolt WiFi module to laptop or Android charger. You’ll see the Blue light blinking slowly which indicates that your device has turned on.
  2. Open the Bolt IoT app in your mobile and click on add device. Then follow the steps provided by the apk. Then turn off the mobile data and WiFi on your mobile.
  3. Bolt module starts its own WiFi hotspot. You’ll have to connect to this hotspot. Password for the hotspot will be mentioned in the instructions in the app.
  4. You have to choose your WiFi network and login to you WiFi network and press connect to connect to internet.
  5. Finally click on save to complete the setup process.

Green and Blue lights must be on and must be stable indicating successful setup.
Now you can login to your Bolt cloud account.

I was connecting to bolt wifi module when the process got interrupted. Now I am not able to find the network in my phone and the cloud indicator in the module is on

Hi @591_17_18

This issue is because you might have not done the complete Wifi setup for the device using your phone.
During the Wifi Setup in the Last Step you will have to click in Verify Wifi Setup button where your device gets linked to your mail ID, you might have missed out on that step.
Can you please share your Device ID and Email ID to which your device is to be linked so that we can do it from our end and the device will then be visible on the dashboard.

Device id - Bolt8786971
Email id - 591_17_18@halnewpublicschool.co.in

Hi @591_17_18

We have linked the Bolt device id with the given email id. Now you should be able to see your device on the bolt cloud dashboard.

If you still face any issues, please feel free to get back to us.

Hi @vasa20ec117 Complete the setup process and try reconnecting your phone and Bolt App to the same wifi.