Can I make API calls (not just to Bolt Cloud) using Bolt IoT Module?

Hi everyone. Actually, I am making a project from Bolt IoT WiFi Module and I was wondering if I can make API calls using it.

Like in the case of Nodemcu, we can make API calls using the WiFiClientSecure and ESP8266 header files to any host and thus get the response. But I am not sure if I can do the same with the Bolt IoT module. Because I guess if I try to do that then I may reset the firmware and thus my module will break down.

Looking for some answers to clarify the situation

You can push javascript code to make api calls with Bolt Wifi Module. This would not temper any firmware. The script will run once your device is online.

Yup, that’s acceptable but the script through bolt cloud runs after every 5 minutes (the minimum threshold available), but in my case, I want to make API requests in every 1 minute. So, I guess I should switch to some other idea.

Isn’t there any free trial of Bolt Cloud Pro? Becuase if it is there, then I can first try and see how it works for my case

Hello , @vishalvats2000

Apologies for the late response,
Yes there are free trials of Bolt Cloud Pro for approximately 1 month : https://twitter.com/boltiot/status/1473269546127695872
yes you can make the API calls using JavaScript and pushing code directly to the cloud.
Here are some references which might help you understand better : boltiot - Dart API docs

The Bolt IoT module primarily acts as a device to gather data from sensors and send it to the cloud platform for further processing. However, it is possible to make API calls using the Bolt module. For instance, if you want to integrate the Bolt module with Aavaz contact center solutions you can make API calls to access their services and use them with the Bolt module. This way, you can create an advanced IoT solution that leverages the power of Aavaz contact center solutions to enhance your business’s communication capabilities.

Yes, you can make API calls using the Bolt IoT WiFi module. Bolt IoT module comes with a pre-built cloud platform that allows you to build IoT applications without any requirement of setting up your own cloud infrastructure. You can use the Bolt cloud based VoIP system API to connect your device to the internet and make API calls.

You can definitely utilize the Bolt IoT module to make API calls, similar to how you would with other IoT devices like Nodemcu.

Yes, you can indeed make API calls using the Bolt IoT module. This functionality enables you to interact with various web services and retrieve data or perform actions remotely.

While there might be differences in implementation compared to other devices, the Bolt IoT module supports API calls effectively. Just ensure you follow proper procedures to prevent any firmware issues. If you need more assistance, you can explore online resources or engage with the Bolt IoT community. Additionally, if you’re interested in integrating voice communication capabilities into your project, you might consider exploring webphones as a potential solution.