Capstone Project: Safety

Glad we are using refrigerator for final project and not a microwave.

We can use powerbank with module to be kept inside fridge but i want to know that is it safe? for module and for powerbank? because fridge has high humidity inside. will it effect the powerbank or module functioning.

1 Like

NO , the ideal storage temperature of Li-ion batteries is 20–25℃. Refrigerators have a much lower temperature, it will degrade the battery faster as compared to room temperature.

so sir whats the best option to complete that project and earn certificate soon??

then what one should do …please tell…because it’s not safe to put powerbank and module inside refrigerator

I used an extension box which I kept on top of the refrigerator and the USB cable that I got is pretty long enough. The USB cable is connected to my phone charger. I used that to place it inside the refrigerator.

But the door of fridge is air tight when closed so how does the cable come inside fridge from extension that is outside fridge .

But the door of fridge is air tight when closed so how does the cable come inside fridge from extension that is outside fridge .
i also have same doubt as @kunalgupta2616 …please tell

if you use the power cable given with the bolt iot module then it will not stop the freezer’s door to shut it will only make room for cable to pass
try it once, you will understand
its simple

You can place your sensor like I did. I’m attaching the picture.

No, Don’t use powerbank inside the refrigerator because the temperature is much more less than the expected temperature for the powerbank. One more reason to not use the powerbank is that if you use powerbank for the BOLT module then it will automatically turnoff after some time and you have to start again. So use the power cable and put the power socket outside the refrigerator and connect the bolt module inside the refrigerator with the help of power cable and close the door. Power cable will not cause problem to close the door of refrigerator.