Connecting to a different wifi network

I forgot to disconnect my bolt wifi module from my home wifi network where i made the plant monitor project. Now, i want to use my hostel wifi network for the module. So, How can I proceed further ?

Hi @meheramreet

If you want to disconnect from your current Wi-Fi network and connect to a new Wi-Fi network , kindly follow these steps:

• Make sure your Bolt Wi-Fi module is on and connected to your current network.(home)

• Go to cloud.boltiot.com

• Click on Devices tab, your Bolt device will be displayed.

• Click on the three dots at the end where your Bolt device is displayed

• Next click on device info ( i icon)

• Now click on Disconnect button. This should disconnect your Bolt device from your current Wi-Fi connection( Home)
    Screenshot-3

• Now that you have disconnected from current wi-fi network, you can go ahead and connect to a new Wi-Fi network( hostel) . You can do this by following the same steps which you did while setting up the Bolt device in the beginning.

• Alternatively, you can also refer to this tutorial

• Video tutorial - Bolt Wi-Fi Module setup 2

• Text tutorial - Bolt Wi-Fi module setup

If you still face any issues please feel free to get back to us.

hi @meheramreet

The above suggestion will only work if you want to connect to a new Wi-Fi network within the same network range with which you are currently connected(in this case it’s your house).

However if you wish to connect to a network outside of your current network range, suppose if you want to connect to the hostel Wi-fi , then your Bolt will automatically get disconnected since your home wifi- network won’t be available. The Bolt device will continue to generate its hotspot and you can connect to the hostel wi-fi using the Bolt mobile app.

DISCLAIMER:
If your hostel wifi doesn’t allow you connect their network due to security reasons they it is advisable that you connect the bolt device to another phone by using its hospot.