DEADLINE APPROACHING FAST: Fight Coronavirus (COVID-19) using IoT and ML Challenge

We are organising a challenge where the student will build an IoT project that helps in reducing the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19). You should create and build a project using the Bolt IoT Wi-Fi module. The project can be about anything that displays the idea of IoT in fighting with Coronavirus.

Prizes to be won

Winner: 1 Amazon Echo Dot

Participation certificate for all the students who submit valid projects

Timeline

Last date for submission: Tuesday, 31st March 2020

Project submission link

Submit your project here: https://info.boltiot.com/covid19challengesubmission

How can I Participate?

1. Create and Build a project using the Bolt IoT Wi-Fi module that helps in decreasing the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19)
  2. Make a document and video of the project
  3. Read this section to know more about project submission

The steps for uploading the projects along with some important pointers are given on the next page. Note that we have given sufficient time for project submission so that student can complete their training as well as Innovation Challenge Project.

Eligibility

To be eligible for this competition,

1. You should have enrolled in this IoT and ML training from https://shop.boltiot.com/.
  2. You are not an employee of Bolt IoT.
  3. You are not an immediate family member of (parent, sibling, spouse/domestic partner, child) or household member of a Bolt IoT employee.
  4. Update (19/03/2020): Any Bolt customer (college student, working professional etc … ) who has purchased the training from https://shop.boltiot.com/ can participate in this challenge.

Submission requirements

You must meet the following requirements to submit your projects for the contest,

1. You must use the Bolt IoT WiFi Module included as part of the training kit in your project submission. However, if you wish, you can use any other sensors or actuators in addition to the ones included in the kit. You can also use any other controller like Arduino/Raspberry Pi etc. in your project ALONG with the Bolt IoT WiFi module.
  2. Your project must be fully documented with clear instructions, code(If any), and screenshots in the required format.
  3. You will also have to make a video showcasing the working of your project. The video can be shot on a mobile phone camera and need NOT be professionally created/edited.
  4. You can only build a project that is related to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
  5. Only one project submission is allowed per student.
  6. Group project is not allowed.

Judging criteria

Each project will be graded and assigned a total mark out of 100. It will be judged based on the following criteria. Decisions of the judges are final and binding. Bolt IoT or judges may not be able to share an explanation in case of disqualification or selection for final round or final selection of the winners.

1. Creativity (30 points)

• Your idea doesn’t have to be original, but it should be creative (a fresh take on an old idea is often worth as much as a brand new idea). However, do not copy the projects taught in the training or documented on https://www.hackster.io/bolt/projects. Preference will be given to project idea that has not covered in training or documented in https://www.hackster.io/bolt/projects.

2. Practicality (30 points)

• The practicality of the idea i.e. what problem does your project solve? Is it relevant to real-life? Can many people use this to solve their problem?

3. Project Documentation (20 points)

• At the time of judging, we may be recreating your projects according to your instructions. Make sure that the steps are clear and we are able to build it in a single attempt.
  • The way you describe and present your idea. The easier to understand and implement, the better!
  • Your documentation must follow the sample project document shared in the next page.
  • The documentation should help other students learn and recreate the project.

4. Video showing the working of the project (20 points)

Disqualification criteria

1. Projects which are similar to the Capstone project in the training will not be entertained. They will be disqualified.
  2. Plagiarised projects will be disqualified. Please do not copy-paste project content.
  3. We may be recreating your projects to review, test and award them. Projects that do not function as described will be disqualified.
  4. Project not related to Coronavirus (COVID-19) will be disqualified.

You can ask your COVID-19 challenge related query in this thread by clicking to reply button.

2 Likes

I want to use either ir sensor or ultrasonic sensor to make my project related to corona but due to lockdown i am unable to purchase it.So now how can i proceed?

Hi @vaibhavbakshi1989,

If its not available in that case you can think of something else (project, idea) etc.

Here is an API that could be helpful: https://covid19api.com/

1 Like

hi @rahul.singh1 ,
Sir i submit the project but i didn’t get any confirmation message that project is submitted successfully.

Hi @skjshubhamkumarjain,

We have received your project submission. Thank you for informing the issue. I am enabling the email reponse after the project submission.

@rahul.singh1 thank you sir

Hello
I am working on the project. After setting up hotspot for bolt module, I powered it down. After sometime I connected it again but the blue led did not glow. The power supply(ps) has adequate current which I always used for the bolt. But this time it does not turn on. I also checked the ps with arduino it works and bolt on other ps but it did not work. I lastly checked the module with a multimeter and interestingly the 3.3v and ground pins are shorted. Can it be the problem of voltage regulator? If so I have some spare ams1117 3.3v regulators which I can replace with…

sir please increase the project submission i have made one project

Hi @rahulkolwalkar2002,

Please upload all the details of your project,

1. Name
  2. Email
  3. City
  4. College Name
  5. Project documentation
  6. Zip file
  7. Youtube video link

to your google drive and then share the public link of the project to support@boltiot.com

I will discuss with the team and let you know.

ok sir i will send as fast as i can.

sir @rahul.singh1
I Sended all things which you told

Sir @rahul.singh1
I didn’t got any reply yet from you’ll

sir , @rahul.singh1 @PPV I have done my project regarding covid 19, but I did not submitted on time…if i submit my project now , then it will be valid or not valid, and will i get a certificate regarding that project?

Wish u a happy new Year Sir!!
Sir, I’m not able to submit my IOT and ML innovation Challenge-2.
What should i do now sir??

Sir, I didn’t submit my Innovation Challenge sir.
Since I’m trying from Yesterday.

Now, The page is showing the below line sir.
What to do sir?

The deadline for this task is over.

Keeping this in mind the page has been disabled. The deadline cannot be extended further.

@rahul.singh1 @PPV Sir when I tried visiting the project submission page it showed that the deadline is extended till 31st January 2021 and even a sunday was marked in brackets.
I had similar experience at the time of covid challenge as well.
I am a great fan of this platform and wish to say that these actions made me feel bad.

Hi @shalpreethkrish6699 and @arunkedu and @shalpreethkrish6699

Please accept my sincere apologies. This is a mistake from my side where I had set the page expiration time on the 31st of December, 2020. I had updated the date to the 31st of January, 2021 and you will be able to submit the project.

Do let me know in case you need further assistance.

Thank you so much sir.