We are organising a challenge where the student will build an IoT project that helps in reducing the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19). You should create and build a project using the Bolt IoT Wi-Fi module. The project can be about anything that displays the idea of IoT in fighting with Coronavirus.
Prizes to be won
Winner: 1 Amazon Echo Dot
Participation certificate for all the students who submit valid projects
Last date for submission: Tuesday, 31st March 2020
Project submission link
Submit your project here: https://info.boltiot.com/covid19challengesubmission
How can I Participate?
- Create and Build a project using the Bolt IoT Wi-Fi module that helps in decreasing the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Make a document and video of the project
- Read this section to know more about project submission
The steps for uploading the projects along with some important pointers are given on the next page. Note that we have given sufficient time for project submission so that student can complete their training as well as Innovation Challenge Project.
To be eligible for this competition,
- You should have enrolled in this IoT and ML training from https://shop.boltiot.com/.
- You are not an employee of Bolt IoT.
- You are not an immediate family member of (parent, sibling, spouse/domestic partner, child) or household member of a Bolt IoT employee.
- Update (19/03/2020): Any Bolt customer (college student, working professional etc … ) who has purchased the training from https://shop.boltiot.com/ can participate in this challenge.
You must meet the following requirements to submit your projects for the contest,
- You must use the Bolt IoT WiFi Module included as part of the training kit in your project submission. However, if you wish, you can use any other sensors or actuators in addition to the ones included in the kit. You can also use any other controller like Arduino/Raspberry Pi etc. in your project ALONG with the Bolt IoT WiFi module.
- Your project must be fully documented with clear instructions, code(If any), and screenshots in the required format.
- You will also have to make a video showcasing the working of your project. The video can be shot on a mobile phone camera and need NOT be professionally created/edited.
- You can only build a project that is related to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Only one project submission is allowed per student.
- Group project is not allowed.
Each project will be graded and assigned a total mark out of 100. It will be judged based on the following criteria. Decisions of the judges are final and binding. Bolt IoT or judges may not be able to share an explanation in case of disqualification or selection for final round or final selection of the winners.
1. Creativity (30 points)
- Your idea doesn’t have to be original, but it should be creative (a fresh take on an old idea is often worth as much as a brand new idea). However, do not copy the projects taught in the training or documented on https://www.hackster.io/bolt/projects. Preference will be given to project idea that has not covered in training or documented in https://www.hackster.io/bolt/projects.
2. Practicality (30 points)
- The practicality of the idea i.e. what problem does your project solve? Is it relevant to real-life? Can many people use this to solve their problem?
3. Project Documentation (20 points)
- At the time of judging, we may be recreating your projects according to your instructions. Make sure that the steps are clear and we are able to build it in a single attempt.
- The way you describe and present your idea. The easier to understand and implement, the better!
- Your documentation must follow the sample project document shared in the next page.
- The documentation should help other students learn and recreate the project.
4. Video showing the working of the project (20 points)
- Details for making the video is given in How to submit your project? section on https://trainings.boltiot.com/courses/iotandml/lectures/12645715
- Projects which are similar to the Capstone project in the training will not be entertained. They will be disqualified.
- Plagiarised projects will be disqualified. Please do not copy-paste project content.
- We may be recreating your projects to review, test and award them. Projects that do not function as described will be disqualified.
- Project not related to Coronavirus (COVID-19) will be disqualified.
You can ask your COVID-19 challenge related query in this thread by clicking to reply button.