Decathlon Internship Submission

Is it compulsory to complete the course in a month to do the Decathlon Internship? I’ve received and email, saying to submit my project by 30 Sep. I haven’t yet completed my course!
I have exams at that time. So can I bypass the deadline? When I started, I received a message telling me to register for the Decathlon Internship Program, or I won’t be able to register later!
And now I haven’t completed my course yet… It will take me around 1 and half month more to complete it. So what shall I do? Will lose my opportunity of the internship program?

1 Like

Hi @endait.swaraj,

We apologize for the delay in responding to your query. We will need some additional time to provide you with a thorough and accurate response. Thank you for your patience, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

2 Likes

@endait.swaraj,

It is compulsory to complete the training in order for your submission to be considered valid for the Decathlon internship. However, you can submit the project now if it is ready and complete the training in the upcoming days.

If you are not able to complete the project and submit it to us by 30th Sep then you will not be eligible for the Decathlon Internship.

Note that this will not affect the Assured Internship that we provide at Bolt IoT. You have no deadline for the Internship from Bolt IoT you may take your time and complete the training whenever you are free.

Sir, we have been told to make a project for decathlon but there is very less details about what is the problem/query, which will align with statement, can you share some examples related to python cause email & terms are confusing

Post the training, you have to build a project in the area of the training you have joined. All students who submit the working project as per the problem statement of the internship will be issued an internship certificate by Decathlon.

The prototype should be in line with the problem statement shared by Decathlon Sports India.

Hi @Jaywardhan_Mak,

With reference to your query regarding your project for Decathlon. While we understand your concern about the lack of a specific problem statement, Decathlon encourages students to think creatively and independently when it comes to proposing ideas.
You have the freedom to choose your own problem statement. Ensure that it aligns with Decathlon’s mission, values, and business goals. Your problem statement should be well-defined, relevant, and feasible.
Here are some of the projects built by students after taking the IoT and ML training. These are the kid of projects expected with respect to the difficulty level. However, note that these projects were built for another competition and I am sharing the link to give an idea of the rigour required for the project.

1. Innovation Challenge 2.0 - Winners
  2. Innovation Challenge 1.0 - Winners

Certificate:

1. If the project is unique and solves a problem for Decathlon, then you can have a 80% chance of getting the certificate from them.
  2. If the project is plagiarised or a re-creation of a project covered as part of your training syllabus, then it will be rejected for sure.

Timeline to get the certificate
We cannot promise any timeline for getting the certificate. The overall goal of Decathlon is to hire students, and a certificate of internship is a small part of it. Also, being a large organisation, such a process will take time. So if there is a specific college timeline, then upon satisfactorily submitting the project, we can issue you a certificate from Bolt IoT for the same project you submit at Decathlon.

Hello Sir,
As I have exams going on this week, is it possible to shift the date of the submission of the Decathlon Internship project?
I sincerely want to do the Decathlon Internship, but not in a hurry!
Please go through my query!
Regards
Swaraj

1 Like

Hi @endait.swaraj,

Apologies for the delayed response.
As I have already mentioned you can submit the project now if it is ready and complete the training in the upcoming days.

If you are not able to complete the project and submit it to us by 30th Sep then you will not be eligible for the Decathlon Internship.

Note that this will not affect the Assured Internship that we provide at Bolt IoT. You have no deadline for the Internship from Bolt IoT you may take your time and complete the training whenever you are free.

Dear @rohit.ts sir,
I know that I have to submit my prototype by 30th Sep and I won’t be eligible for the Decathlon Internship. Since I joined the course late (I was informed by the school late) I do not have any enough knowledge about IoT and ML (which I am currently doing) to create my project. There are exams also going on and I do not have time to create my project. So what shall I do? or what can your team do to solve out my issue! I would be missing out on this wonderful opportunity!

Hi @endait.swaraj,

We understand your concern regarding the project submission for the Decathlon Internship and also we understand your circumstances and the challenge of balancing exams and the project deadline. As per the guidelines provided by the Decathlon team, the project submission needs to be done before 30th September to be eligible for the Decathlon Internship.
However, even if you are unable to meet this deadline, it won’t affect the Assured Internship we offer at Bolt IoT. Upon successful completion of the training, you can still receive a certificate from Bolt IoT. The Bolt IoT Internship doesn’t have a specific deadline, allowing you to complete it at your own pace after your exams.

Decathlon and Boltiot people will keep reminding in advance to submit the internship. They also give you the option for extending submission date in case you have not completed on time .