Delete Offline Bolt IOT device

My bolt IOT device has been moved to a different network. I cannot follow the setup instructions, tells me the device is already in my account. How can I delete an offline device so I can add it to a new network? Seems like a huge flaw in the product?

Cheers,
Mike

Hi @mike,

We will help you out with the issue,

Could you please provide the current status of the LEDs on the Bolt WiFi Module?

If both LEDs are ON, and the device is not linked to your account, kindly share the Device ID with us so that we can link it to your account.

To check the network to which the device is connected, follow these steps:

1. Click on the three dots next to the device on the Cloud dashboard.
  2. Choose the second option, “Device info.”
  3. Check the “Connected WiFi Network:” to identify the current network.
  4. You can disconnect the device from the network by clicking on the Disconnect button below the Network name.

After disconnecting, you can follow these steps to set up the WiFi for the device again:

If the Green LED is OFF and the Blue LED is stable or blinking, you can follow the same steps using the links mentioned above for the WiFi setup of the device.

If you encounter any issues during these steps, please provide details about the step where you are facing the problem, and feel free to share screenshots so that we can provide further assistance.

It’s a slow blinking Blue Light. I have done steps 1 through 4 and cannot disconnect it, nor delete it.

Appreciate the help!

Cheers,
Mike

Hi @mike,

A slow blue LED glow indicates that the device is OFFLINE and is generating its own hotspot.

Follow the steps provided in this link to proceed with the WiFi setup of the device:

Feel free to reach out if you encounter any challenges during the WiFi setup, and we’ll assist you.

Hello,

really appreciate your help, but the real issue is I can’t add this device to my account on a new network. After going through the setup instructions it attempts to register it in my account at which time I get an error saying it’s already registered. The module goes right back to it’s initial state. Can you just delete the device from my account? Please???

Cheers,
Mike

Hi @mike,

Can you please share the Bolt Device ID so that we can unlink it from your account?

Hello,

the bolt device ID isBOLT1117828.

Device ID:
BOLT1117828

Display Name:
BOLT1117828

Connected WiFi Network:
(https://cloud.boltiot.com/static/images/icon_wifi.png)homenetwork1

Hardware Version:

Firmware Version:
1.4.3 (Up to date)

Cheers,
Mike

Hi @mike,

I have unlinked the device BOLT1117828 from the account mike@haagfamily.com,
You may now follow the steps and do the wifi setup of the device.
Let us know if you are facing any issue in any step of wifi setup, we will help you out.

Not sure what happened here, but the device is not unlinked and is still in my account. Can I ask that you delete it so that I can use it?

Cheers,
Mike

Hi @mike,

I have unlinked the device BOLT1117828 from the account mike@haagfamily.com ,
You may now follow the steps and do the wifi setup of the device.
Let us know if you are facing any issue in any step of wifi setup, we will help you out.

Hi @mike

Sorry for the inconvenience. We have checked from our side. The device has been unlinked from your account as mentioned by @rohit.ts.

If you login to your account on cloud.boltiot.com on the home screen no devices will be shown.

I believe you are trying to connect the device to a new Wi-Fi network. Am I right?If after following the steps in the mobile app, you have done the steps correctly and entered the WiFi details correctly, the Bolt device should connect to your WiFi network. i.e. blue LED stable and green LED stable.

When you complete the steps in the app what is status of your LEDs? Make sure you switch off your phone WiFi so that we know that your phone is not connected to the Bolt hotspot.

Do let me know the status of your LED after the setup process or in case you are getting any error.

Hi i am not able to connect my wifi module. It shows offline in the app . And now at able to add the device again . Alcan u please unlink it so that i can add yhe device again?

Hi @adityabhatk5552

Please check this thread , it will solve your issue :
delete-offline-bolt-iot-device

If you still face any issues please feel free to get back to us.

@adityabhatk5552 You should be able to do the steps to add device again and connect it to your WiFi network. Make sure you enter the WiFi password correctly as it is case sensitive.

If you are still not able to do the setup. Please share screenshot of which step you are facing the issue so that we can help you.