Getting error in bolt python library - No module named ‘setuptools’

I am using linux mint on my computer.I don’t have ubuntu server.So, I have to install BOLT PYTHON LIBRARY in mint.
Running these two command
sudo apt-get -y update
sudo apt install python3-pip
does not produce any error

but when I run this (sudo pip3 install boltiot) command I am getting this error
/*************************************************************************

WARNING: The directory ‘/home/emes/.cache/pip/http’ or its parent directory is not owned by the current user and the cache has been disabled. Please check the permissions and owner of that directory. If executing pip with sudo, you may want sudo’s -H flag.
WARNING: The directory ‘/home/emes/.cache/pip’ or its parent directory is not owned by the current user and caching wheels has been disabled. check the permissions and owner of that directory. If executing pip with sudo, you may want sudo’s -H flag.
Collecting boltiot
Downloading https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/e1/6d/1b9c4664e1c04ce23233e1e88b8209aeec4ffa9f0fd0ce9b136a99f47d98/boltiot-1.11.tar.gz
ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1:
command: /usr/bin/python3 -c ‘import sys, setuptools, tokenize; sys.argv[0] = ‘"’"’/tmp/pip-install-odb_av9c/boltiot/setup.py’"’"’; file=’"’"’/tmp/pip-install-odb_av9c/boltiot/setup.py’"’"’;f=getattr(tokenize, ‘"’"‘open’"’"’, open)(file);code=f.read().replace(’"’"’\r\n’"’"’, ‘"’"’\n’"’"’);f.close();exec(compile(code, file, ‘"’"‘exec’"’"’))’ egg_info --egg-base pip-egg-info
cwd: /tmp/pip-install-odb_av9c/boltiot/
Complete output (3 lines):
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 1, in
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘setuptools’
----------------------------------------
ERROR: Command errored out with exit status 1: python setup.py egg_info Check the logs for full command output.

***********************************************************************************/
I tried these command also

export LC_ALL=“en_US.UTF-8”
export LC_CTYPE=“en_US.UTF-8”
sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales

but nothing works.

Hi @ironpradeep991,

Type the below command in sequential order and then check for any error.

sudo apt-get update 
sudo apt-get install python3-setuptools
sudo apt-get install build-essential libssl-dev libffi-dev python3-dev 
sudo apt-get update 

Do let me know in case you need any other information.

Thanks Sir it worked.

But I want to ask you 2 questions.

1)What is the problem in my code.
2)How your code solves my problem.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @ironpradeep991

I think you don’t have the stable version of setup tools installed on your laptop. Check this link for build-essential https://superuser.com/questions/151557/what-are-build-essential-build-dep

@ironpradeep991hlo frnd… For mine there is the same error: no module named us setuptools and then I used the comment as per the guidelines of Rahul.singh1 in your query…

But now it shows like python3 setuptools are not available…

What will I do?

May you help me

Hi @s.jayeshchennai,

Did you run the below command before running other commands

sudo apt-get update 

Then run the below commands.

sudo apt-get install python3-setuptools
sudo apt-get install build-essential libssl-dev libffi-dev python3-dev 
sudo apt-get update 

Also share the screenshot of the error.