Herbert Coding Software on Mac M1 Chip: Not supported!

Hi :wave:t6:

I just started the ‘Robotics and Arduino’ training but I have an issue with the Herbert Coding Software.
I am actually on a MacBook Air with the M1 chip and it turns out that the aforementioned software (with .exe file extension) can be installed on Windows only.
Also, I have been looking for alternatives without success.

Please, what would you suggest I do?
Thanks in advance !

Regards,
Francois

Hi @francoisgonothitoure ,
You may use a software like Parallels to run Windows VM on your M1 Mac. You may also use a service like Windows 365 to get a cloud-based Windows OS running. I hope it helps. Do let me know if you need any other help.

Regards,
Raghav Srivastava

Hi @raghav.srivastava

Thank you for the suggestions.
As Parallels and Windows 365 are both paid software services, would you please be able to suggest any other free and open source software alternatives?

Thanks in advance !

Hi @francoisgonothitoure ,
I am checking with the team regarding this and we’ll update you as soon as possible.

Hi @francoisgonothitoure

Did you try Virtual-box with Windows How to Install Windows 10 on Mac using VirtualBox - YouTube ?

Hello @rahul.singh1

Thank you for the suggestion. But VirtualBox is not yet compatible with the MacBook M1 Chip. So this wouldn’t make it for me, at least not now.

However, I found this video very useful for those on Mac M1 chip. I will give it a try and let you know.

Thanks again !!!

1 Like

Hi @raghav.srivastava

Thank you. I will be all ears !

@francoisgonothitoure the video you shared seems good. I think it should solve the problem. Please let me know if it does

Hi @raghav.srivastava

It actually worked.
Thanks a lot for helping.

Regards,
Francois Gonothi

@francoisgonothitoure That’s great. Do let me know if you need any other help.

Sure. Thanks a lot !!

1 Like