How to disconnect BOLT WIFI MODULE from a connected wifi network to an other wifi network when the old wifi is still in range?

how to disconnect BOLT WIFI MODULE from a connected wifi network to an other wifi network when the old wifi is still in range?

Hi @nish.poduru ,
It can be done using the BOLT cloud dashboard.

Go to a Device>Triple Dots>i>Disconnect

Check this video out:

Hi @nish.poduru, As @raghav.srivastava already described how to disconnect from the Wi-Fi. I’ll just show how to connect with another Wi-Fi. For now I’m using my mobile’s hotspot as a Wi-Fi.

Check the following video and some screenshots.

Click on Device Info

Click on Disconnect

Click on YES to disconnect

Then see the following video for connecting the Wi-Fi module to different Wi-Fi network:
Bolt Wi-Fi Change

Feel free to tag me if u still not able to connect. Always happy to help :upside_down_face:

1 Like

@mr.sushen and @raghav.srivastava.
Thank you very much for the help but my device is not visible in my list of devices.
during the first connection the bolt module connected to wifi but failed to register to the cloud.
so is there a way to fix this?
Here is the screenshot of my list of devices page.

@nish.poduru in that case,
You’ll have 2 options here:

1)Change the password of your WiFi network. Then perform setup using the Bolt Mobile App. Once that’s done, if you want to revert your wifi to the previous password, do so and then set up your Bolt again by clicking the add device button in the Bolt Mobile App.

2)Turn off your wifi router. Now you’ll have to emulate the WiFi network using mobile hotspot. Look at the following example: Let’s say you have a WiFi network called “Apple”.
And its password is “mango”.
So you’ll set your hotspot name same as the WiFi network name.(Apple)
But you’ll set a different password.(For eg:“sunny”)
Now setup again using the Bolt Mobile App.
Now, set the mobile hotspot to the same network name and password as your WiFi network.
Now setup again using the Bolt Mobile App.
Turn off the hotspot and turn on your wifi router.
Now, the issue must be resolved and your bolt shall connect to your wifi router.
Do let me know if you need any other help.

simply reinstall the mobile application and it will again ask you to connect to wifi in mobile then connect to the new wifi.