If i already have ubuntu os in my system, do i still have to install virtual ubuntu server using droplets or oracle VM?...or should i just install boltiot python package to my ubuntu os in my local system?

If i already have ubuntu os in my system, do i still have to install virtual ubuntu server using droplets or oracle VM?..or should i just install boltiot python package to my ubuntu os in my local system?

No there is no need to install virtual ubuntu if you are already having it. Just download the python packages.

Command “python setup.py egg_info” failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-install-lo8i8owr/boltiot/

am getting the above error. how to resolve it?

Hi @speaktoshruthi,

Please check your python version by typing the below command and send me the screenshot of the output.

python -V 
python3 -V 

Also update your dist by typing the below command.

sudo apt-get update

Hii sir
I am using Oracle VM virtual box instead of the digital ocean when I was typing in python -v it shows cmd is not founded

how I can download python and bolt libraries in ubuntu

No.It is not necessary to install ubuntu in virtual machine if you have already have installed in your computer as your laptop has a unique ip and its your local host .Directly you can install python package using terminal in ubuntu

Hope it helps!!

The Original Command for Python version is : python -V or python --version
but you are using python -v (small v) which is wrong
Hope it helps.

No brother
I judged several steps though but it can’t display anything, let u see this it may determine my obstacle!
pip|430x500

you need to add space between python and hyphen-

Hi sir
please check it ones

Try these commands to install pip on Python 3

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install python3-pip
sudo pip install --upgrade pip3

Also, make sure you’re using spaces correctly or simply copy and paste the commands.

python3 --version

please use:
python --version
ie, there is a space between ‘python’ and ‘–version’

Hi @chundurupavan1999,

You each command has typo error. You are ignoring the space in each command.
For example :
The correct command for checking python version is

python --version

Not the below command:

python--version

Check the below commands carefully the then type each of the commands.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install python3-pip
sudo pip install --upgrade pip3
python3 --version
sudo pip3 install boltiot

Sir, I am using ubuntu 16.04. Did i required to install the python libraries or not .

1 Like

Dude there is no need to install virtual ubuntu, you can go directly to the command line and install python packages with the help of pip then after that install bolt python Library by using this ‘sudo pip3 install boltiot’