IoT Based Smart Agriculture

Hello,

How is IoT technology help or support the agriculture field?

Hi @oliverthomas2314 ,
You may check out some articles on the internet, like this one. Let me know if you need help with any specific thing for your project.

1 Like

With the exponential growth of world population, according to the UN Food and Agriculture Organization , the world will need to produce 70% more food in 2050, shrinking agricultural lands, and depletion of finite natural resources, the need to enhance farm yield has become critical.
IoT solutions are focused on helping farmers close the supply demand gap , by ensuring high yields, profitability, and protection of the environment. The approach of using IoT technology to ensure optimum application of resources to achieve high crop yields and reduce operational costs is called precision agriculture. IoT in agriculture technologies comprise specialized equipment, wireless connectivity, software and IT services. IoT smart farming solutions is a system that is built for monitoring the crop field with the help of sensors (light, humidity, temperature, soil moisture, crop health, etc.) and automating the irrigation system. The farmers can monitor the field conditions from anywhere.

1 Like

Thank you @raghav.srivastava
Informative article!!

1 Like

Great @sumansikari551
Thanks for the response!!

@oliverthomas2314

Agriculture field plays very important role in our day to day life. Without having food we can’t live. But, from where we can get food to eat? Ofcourse we get it from our mother Land. Which are grown by farmers and harvest he crops and sold in market.

Now in today’s life Internet has gone in vital form. It is use in every small fields so that’s make our lives better. But now it is use in agriculture also and also it is in very high demand.

As a result of the declining agricultural workforce, adoption of internet connectivity solutions in farming practices has been triggered, to reduce the need for manual labor.

IoT solutions are focused on helping farmers close the supply demand gap, by ensuring high yields, profitability, and protection of the environment. The approach of using IoT technology to ensure optimum application of resources to achieve high crop yields and reduce operational costs is called precision agriculture. IoT in agriculture technologies comprise specialized equipment, wireless connectivity, software and IT services.

BI Intelligence survey expects that the adoption of IoT devices in the agriculture industry will reach 75 million in 2020, growing 20% annually. At the same time, the global smart agriculture market size is expected to triple by 2025, reaching $15.3 billion (compared to being slightly over $5 billion back in 2016).

Smart farming based on IoT technologies enables growers and farmers to reduce waste and enhance productivity ranging from the quantity of fertilizer utilized to the number of journeys the farm vehicles have made, and enabling efficient utilization of resources such as water, electricity, etc. IoT smart farming solutions is a system that is built for monitoring the crop field with the help of sensors (light, humidity, temperature, soil moisture, crop health, etc.) and automating the irrigation system. The farmers can monitor the field conditions from anywhere. They can also select between manual and automated options for taking necessary actions based on this data. For example, if the soil moisture level decreases, the farmer can deploy sensors to start the irrigation. Smart farming is highly efficient when compared with the conventional approach.

For more Information you can visit following link,

https://www.iotsworldcongress.com/iot-transforming-the-future-of-agriculture/#:~:text=IoT%20smart%20farming%20solutions%20is,the%20field%20conditions%20from%20anywhere.

1 Like

Thank you @ssrajebhosale9637

I read it and made a agricultarul software using bolt where the bolt device will make the robot i made water and take care of the plants through my phone. I was also able to see what climate it was through my phone. My farm was in my grandfather’s house which is in Chicago. I live in san francisco and when i went to chicago in summer holidays i connected the device to my bolt cloud and my own digital ocean cloud and now my grandfather is very happy. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing:)

Hi @oliverthomas2314
IoT in agriculture is designed to help farmers monitor vital information like humidity , air temperature and soil quality using remote sensors, to improve yields, and plan more efficient irrigation.

1 Like

IoT in agriculture is designed to help farmers monitor vital information like humidity , air temperature and soil quality using remote sensors, to improve yields, and plan more efficient irrigation.
also may use in different formats in field work like fertility type to use in right time and other works.