Issue in building trashtalker

i have successfully made all the required hardware and software setups as per the given guidelines in hackster referred by bolt iot… but still the alert message is not generated using twilio service as the garbage crosses the threshold value. everything is working properly all the connections made are right code is executed and is generating the sms on complation but not by default as the garbage crosses the threshold value.

@shubhi201097 Here is a list of reasons the SMS might not be sent,

1. You have activated DND on your mobile number. Deactivate DND and try again.
  2. The SMS is being sent after 9pm in the night. Due to TRAI’s rules, you cannot send SMSs after 9pm.

Check your Twilio log to find out the root cause of the issue. Also, if you want instant alerts, you can try sending alerts via Telegram. The code is present in the lectures https://trainings.boltiot.com/courses/429176/lectures/10221689

msgs are being sent using twilio service upon compiling the code so the first issue cannot be there. considering the second point i haven,t understood it exactly…

@shubhi201097 TRAI does not allow SMSs to be sent from trial accounts after 9pm. This is a rule by the telecom ministry in India.

Can you please clarify what you mean by “msgs are being sent using twilio service upon compiling the code so the first issue cannot be there.”?

I have one request that as per your convenience and schedule can u explain my query over a call so there it would become a bit easy for me as well to explain the things in detail and of course time would be saved.

“I meant to say that as i run my python code which I have written to send alert msg ,msg is generated upon compilation of code.” So dnd couldn’t be activated on my phone. But alert msg is not generated by default as the waste crosses the threshold value.