New wifi connection to my bolt device

when i started my training i was connecting my bolt device with wifi of my mother phone now i am going back to my college and now how can i connect my device to my phone wifi .i tried to connect but its not connecting.

1.Switch on hotspot on your phone
2. Connect to it using your mother’s phone
3. Using app connect Bolt device to your hotspot
4. Run through the setup again
5. Your bolt device is connected to cloud whenever you switch on your hotspot

If you have the Bolt Iot app in your personal smartphone then you can’t connect your device with your personal smartphone. You an other phone to connect your device to internet by creating a hotspot from the other phone.
You can also use your college wifi but if you your college network has firewall system then you can follow the below mention steps

If your university wifi network is spread over a huge area, and you cannot leave the university area, then install Advance IP Scanner [software] (http://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/) in your laptop .Connect to the WiFi network the Bolt is connected to and find the IP address of Bolt. You can find the Bolt IP by the Hostname which will be something like “Expressif”. Note down the IP address of the Bolt.

Now create a hotspot from your phone network and type the following URL in your laptop’s browser after replacing <IP_ADDR> with the Bolt’s IP Address.

It’s the same as first time setting up your device ,only difference is the role of the two smartphones used. Use the phone which already has app installed and was used previously to setup to bolt device to connect to the WiFi of bolt device when it is powered on. Now follow the steps shown of app till it asks for which network to connect to,you can connect the device to your personal phone hotspot or your college WiFi ( if it’s 2.4ghz).You can control the device with any phone having bolt app with your cloud account.

It’s the same as first time setting up your device ,only difference is the role of the two smartphones used. Use the phone which already has app installed and was used previously to setup to bolt device to connect to the WiFi of bolt device when it is powered on. Now follow the steps shown of app till it asks for which network to connect to,you can connect the device to your personal phone hotspot or your college WiFi ( if it’s 2.4ghz).you have to connect to 2.4 ghz wifi only not 5ghz You can control the device with any phone having bolt iot app linked with your cloud account.

Its very easy…Follow the procedures for connecting the Bolt device to another wifi:
1)connect the bolt device to 5V power supply.(Blue led will start to blink at a slow rate)
2)open the smartphone wifi(Phone on which Bolt app is installed)(Internet must be switched off on the smartphone during the whole process) and connect to Bolt hotspot(it will be shown in wifi lists)(Use Password :bolt1234)
3)open the bolt app on the smartphone and search for the device and then follow the procedure again to connect to the new wifi.
THATSALL SMILE YOU ARE CONNECTED TO A NEW WIFI :wink: