Not able connect

the bolt wifi module was not connecting with the bolt android app
actually this wifi module was owned by my brother 2 years back
now iam using it
im not able figure out what the problem is?

1 Like

Hi @burrathanusri,

Could you please provide more details about the issue you’re encountering? Are you experiencing difficulties with the setup of the WiFi module, or is it something else? This additional information will help us better understand the problem and provide you with the necessary assistance.

1 Like

Actually I’m using the bolt wifi module which was used by my brother 2 years back
I need the wifi module so I want to use it.
When I’m trying to connect it is showing hotspot name only sometimes and not connecting to mobile

1 Like

Hi @thanusriburra,

Please share the Device ID of the Bolt Wifi Module so that we can check and get back to you.

1 Like

BOLT14885506 device id

1 Like

@thanusriburra,

This device is currently associated with the email address jagruth.burra@gmail.com. You’ll have access to the device when you log in to the Bolt Cloud using the same email ID. If you wish to use the device with a different email ID, please sign up and create a new account on the Bolt Cloud. Share the new email ID with me, and I’ll link your Device BOLT14885506 to the new email ID, allowing you to view it in the device dashboard on the Bolt Cloud.

It’s important to note that you’ll only be able to access the training materials using the ID with which you originally purchased the training, not the new one you’re creating.

Please make sure to refer to the following links for detailed instructions on setting up the WiFi for the device:

1. Getting Started Video Tutorial
  2. Setting Up the Bolt WiFi Module
1 Like

If I use with previous email will I be able to connect wifi module to my mobile app

1 Like

@thanusriburra,

Yes you will be able to do it.
You just have to follow the steps of setting up the WiFi for the device:

1. Setting Up the Bolt WiFi Module
1 Like

What is pwm value ?

1 Like

Bolt hotspot is not connected to my pH but it is showing the status online as I used the previous Gmail account

1 Like

Hi @thanusriburra,

I observe that your device is currently offline. To determine the network your device is connected to, click on the three dots icon, select the second option - Device Info, and verify the “Connected WiFi Network” option.
Additionally, note that this device is currently linked to the email address jagruth.burra@gmail.com.

1 Like

@thanusriburra,

I’m not sure how this relates to our current conversation, but just to provide you with some context.

PWM stands for Pulse Width Modulation. It is a technique used in electronics to control the average power delivered to a load by varying the duty cycle of a pulse signal. The duty cycle is the ratio of the time the signal is high (on) to the total period of the signal (including both high and low times).

In PWM, a digital signal is used to create a series of pulses. By adjusting the width (duration) of these pulses, you can effectively control the power delivered to a device or component. For example, in applications like motor speed control, LED brightness adjustment, or controlling the heating element in a stove, PWM is often employed to regulate the output.

1 Like

The green and blue light are on but it’s not showing the wifi module hotspot name and not connecting

1 Like

Hi @thanusriburra,

• A stable glow of the Blue LED indicates that the Bolt is successfully connected to WiFi.
  • The Green LED glowing indicates that the Bolt is connected to the Internet.

If both LEDs are illuminated, you should be able to observe the device in the Bolt Cloud Dashboard upon logging in using the ID jagruth.burra@gmail.com and do the projects using the module.

Let me know if you are having any issues.

1 Like

Even though the leds are stable I’m not able to see the device hotspot name in wifi settings my phone is not connected to device hotspot

1 Like

Hi @thanusriburra,

The stable LEDs indicate that the WiFi setup is already completed on your device, and there’s no need to set it up again. If you log in to https://cloud.boltiot.com using the ID jagruth.burra@gmail.com, you should be able to view the device in the dashboard.

To check the network your device is connected to, click on the three dots icon, select the second option - Device Info, and verify the “Connected WiFi Network” option.

Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns!

1 Like

Am I able to disconnect the wifi to wifi module to connect new net work

1 Like

Hi @thanusriburra,

I apologize for the delayed response. To disconnect your WiFi Module from the connected network, click on the three dots icon, select the second option - Device Info, and verify the “Connected WiFi Network” option. Below the network name, there is a disconnect button that you can use to disconnect the Bolt WiFi module from the network. After that, follow all the steps to set up the WiFi for the device again.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any more questions or concerns!

1 Like