Not able to access the course

Sir, I received my kit in the month of september but due to exams I didn’t start with the course and now when I logged in its showing that your coupon code is expired or invalid and I’m not able to access the videos.Please help me out with this issue.

check your mail inbox once.when your payment is completed and order is delivered they will sent u a mail to verify your account and after verifying they will send another mail through which you are allowed to access the course

Dont worry we got you all covered
After you receive the kit you must have got an email reagarding the access to the training kit and all the procedure is explained in it. In case you missed it I am attaching the video link for the same
Here is the video with steps to access the training: https://www.loom.com/share/3e8caef373ea4c61b06c0a0fbfce8a80
I recomend you to perform all the operations on a laptop or a PC and not on a mobile phone. Visit cloud.boltiot.com/training using the same account you created initially. Read all the steps given on the website link carefully and follow them. If you still face any issues feel free to ask

I have performed same steps to access my course but when I click on 'Go to course ’ button then on next page it’s showing that your ‘coupon code is invalid or expired’.I have linked screenshots of the same please have a look through it.