Project 6 : checking device status

In the project for checking device status I’m getting invalid syntax error when i run device_status.py, I’m attaching the screenshot of what is shown on the screen

Hi @mohankalyani0102 ,
You are using python 3.5. Kindly upgrade to Python 3.8 or higher. Check out these steps. Also, kindly install chardet by running:

pip3 install chardet

hi @raghav.srivastava
i tried to upgrade to python 3.8 using the steps as suggested by @rahul.singh1 , but i’m getting the same error as other people are getting , which they have shared on the same topic (topic name :unable to execute sudo pip3 install boltiot)
in the same topic , i tried to do the steps as suggested by @ravi.ujjwal but i’m getting an error after doing step 10 , i’m attaching the screenshot of what is shown on the screen, can you please help me

Try this:

sudo apt-get install zlib1g-dev

hi @ravi.ujjwal ,
after performing the step that you suggested , i’m getting "zlib1g-dev is already in newest version "
but after doing step 10 it is still showing import error . i’m attaching the screenshot of what is shown on screen

Hi,

After installing zlib you will have to configure and make and make install step once again

hi @ravi.ujjwal , after doing what you said , I’m getting the following error after step 10 , i’m attaching the screenshot of what is shown on screen .

@mohankalyani0102 I have notified @ravi.ujjwal and he will get back to you shortly.

Hi,

We will connect over Zoom call to sort this issue out.

hi,
actually i am also facing same issue, can u please sort it out.

hi,
actually i am getting same error as mohankalyani0102 , can u plse update what to do.

@swaroopsiby

Hi,

This issue is happening because you are using lower version of Ubuntu. We have updated the link here Alternatives to Digital Ocean Droplet - Option 1 | Bolt IoT. Kindly visit and download Ubuntu 20.04 and the issue will be fixed.

Let me know if you need any further help.

Regards,
Ravi Ujjwal

hi
I have tried to open that link but its shoening not found , i am keeping the screen shot.!

Hi,

You can use this link to download https://releases.ubuntu.com/20.04.5/ubuntu-20.04.5-live-server-amd64.iso