Question About LDR

What is the relation Between light intensity and the resistancemof an LDR?

inversely proportional

thanks suman satick bro

As light intensity decreases, the LDR’s resistance increases , as does the potential difference across it. So, as distance increases, the potential difference increases.

Hi @pratyushsaha453,
For some LDRs, resistance decreases exponentially as the brightness of the light increases. In any case, Resistance is inversely proportional to light intensity. Check out this article.

hai @pratyushsaha453,
both are Inversely Proportional to each other. When the light intensity decreases, the resistance across the LDR increases. As this resistance increases in relation to the other Resistor, which has a fixed resistance, it causes the voltage dropped across the LDR to also increase.
So this the reason for increase in resistance.

As light intensity decreases, the LDR’s resistance increases , as does the potential difference across it. So, as distance increases, the potential difference increases.

Hi @pratyushsaha453.
On increasing the amount of light, the resistance decreases exponentialy.
So we can say that resistance and light intensity are inversely proportional to each other.
Hope it’s clear now.

for more information you can check the link below

Hi @pratyushsaha453.
When the intensity of light around the LDR is high, i.e., the amount of light detected by the LDR is high, the resistance is low. When the intensity of light around the LDR is low, i.e., the amount of light detected by LDR is low, the resistance is high.
Hence, the resistance and light intensity are inversely proportional to each other. So, based on the light intensity, the resistance varies exponentially.
I hope you understand the concept.

it is inversely proportional to each other