Refund required

How to get refund and how to apply for getting refund

Login to the home page of BoltIot using your credentials and search for the course you want to be refunded for. After clicking the desired course, there will be a refund option at the bottom of the page. Click it and follow the steps it says and you will get your refund.
Hope it helps.
NOTE- Refund is applicable for only 30 days after the purchase. After that you wont be able to get any refunds

Bolt offer a NO QUESTION ASKED refund of your full payment for the first 10 days since the day of delivery of the kit. If u didn’t liked the product you have received and you want to refund them you can by clicking the refund option

In case if you have started the training and you do not like it then follow the simple process below to get the full amount you have paid refunded.

1.visit this link on laptop/pc : https://cloud.boltiot.com/training and click on REFUND button
2.you will be arranged for a pick up of your kit from your door step within 7 days after creating the refund request.
3.once the hardware kit is received back to the warehouse, you will be refunded the full fee charged within 21 days after receiving the kit back.
4.the refund amount will be transferred back to the original method of payment i.e.to your bank account or credit/debit Card in case of COD order, the refund will be paid out via bank account transfer.

Till what date I will get refund since in my profile it shows refunded but I didn’t receive any money in my account

The amount is instantly transferred. However, your bank may take 2 to 7 days to show the funds in your account.