Wifi setup problem

while connecting the bolt wifi module to the cloud, the blue LED starts blinking fastly on connecting to bolt wifi through iot mobile app. Also, the nearby wifi is also get connected by putting password but then it is showing “Bolt is not responding” and green LED is also not lighting. Anyone pls help.
i’m attaching the screenshot also.

Hi @nidhidhillon1996

Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

Ensure that you have entered the correct WiFi network name (SSID) and password in the Bolt WiFi module setup. Double-check for any typos or mistakes.

Disconnect the power supply to the Bolt WiFi module, wait for a few seconds, and then reconnect it. This process can help reset the module and establish a fresh connection.

Occasionally, the cloud server used by the Bolt WiFi module may experience issues or maintenance.

Ensure that your internet connection is stable and working properly.

Test the connection on other devices to confirm if there are any issues with your internet service provider.

If none of the above steps resolve the issue, you can try performing a factory reset on the Bolt WiFi module.

I hope this could solve your problem.

Dear sir/madam,
I have some similar issue regarding the connectivity of the device. Initially, the wifi-module’s blue light blinks very fast and it gets connected to the mobile app. After connecting the wifi module to the internet, both the blue and green lights get stable, but the device is neither shown in the cloud, nor is visible on the phone wifi settings (Basically, it gets disconnected during the process). How can i reset the device (where is the reset button?), or what else can i do to connect it properly?

Hi @nidhidhillon1996
If you are still facing the issue, you can start connecting from the first step by turning on your WiFi, connecting to the Bolt module, and using the Bolt app again to do the same steps. It works for me.

Once reconfigure your wifi network(ssid and password) during module setup and then try reconnecting the Bolt Wifi Module to cloud by forgetting the Bolt wifi network and then re enter the password for Bolt Wifi…in your mobile available wifi networks…once the connection got stable…blue and green led will glow…then connect your device to some other network while your mobile hotspot(the given ssid and password) is ON

FOLLOW THESE STEPS WITH REPLACING YOUR STEPS ALREADY DONE :blush:

✓ Hardware Requirements :

1.Bolt IoT device.
2.Smartphone -1(with wifi + Bolt IoT app).
3.Smartphone -2(with hotspot + internet connection).

✓Steps to follow :

Step 1: Power ON the bolt device using micro USB cable with minimum of 5V(Blue LED blinks slowly).

Step 2: Then you take your Smartphone -1 open Bolt IoT app follow the steps given in that app, after finishing those steps.

Step 3: Turn ON wifi and wait until bolt hotspot connect with your Smartphone -1.

Step 4: After pressing continue, Turn ON the hotspot in your Smartphone -2 alright your bolt connected.

NOTE : Use Smartphone -2 is your regularly using mobile, since it connects with bolt.

It might be human error, check whether you are login bolt cloud with same account, Which you use at module setup