Alternative to VMware

Hello
I have been using VMware for the projects and writing my python code in the linux environment which is not very fisible to use
So as an alternative can be use online Python Compilor like Google colab for my bolt iot projects ?

@harshkhedwal999 yes, you can use any other third party utilities to execute and run Python scripts.

Personally, I prefer Spyder(Anaconda) software as it provides a user friendly and easy-to-access environment for dealing with Python scripts

2 Likes

@harshkhedwal999

You can also go through the online IDE - https://replit.com/

1 Like

Of course, you can use online compilers and IDEs to run the program code.
As mentioned by others you can use Anaconda or replit ( https://replit.com/ )

Hopes it helps.

1 Like
  • Hyper-V
  • Nutanix AHV
  • SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
  • Citrix Hypervisor
  • Enterprise Linux with Smart Virtualization
  • VM Server
  • Virtuozzo
  • Sangfor HCI

You can use a Google cloud server or, go with the best way possible, dual-boot your PC with x [ most prob. Windows or Mac Os ] along with the Linux Distribution you are familiar with / you currently use

Personally I use VS CODE for coding in different languages on the same platform. It doesn’t require internet access too, once the setup is done for python or any other language.

Here are some popular online Python compilers:

1. Repl.it: A browser-based online development environment that supports Python, as well as many other programming languages.
  2. PythonAnywhere: A cloud-based platform that provides a web-based Python environment, along with web hosting and other web development tools.
  3. Trinket: A web-based educational platform that allows users to run and share Python code snippets and interactive programs.
  4. Codecademy: An online learning platform that provides interactive coding lessons, including lessons on Python.
  5. Jupyter Notebook: An open-source web application that allows you to create and share documents that contain live code, equations, visualizations, and narrative text. Jupyter Notebook supports Python and many other programming languages.

These online compilers provide a convenient way to write, run, and share Python code without having to install anything on your local machine.

Yes there are many others like

1. VSCODE- as it can be used offline once you have download the setup for python
  2. SPYDER( Anaconda)
    3.Replit
    4.Jupyter Notebook

There are several alternatives to VMware,
Best Alternative of VMware and convenient for working IoT related project would be VirtualBox. Because It is is a free and open-source virtualization platform that offers several benefits which VMware offer and it is also available for major OS. i.e Windows, Linux, Mac
Other than VirtualBox there are many virtualization software available in market.
Like,
Hyper-V (Windows)
WSL (Windows)
KVM (Linux)
Xen (Windows / Linux)
Parallels Desktop (Mac)

Yes, you can use an online Python compiler like Google Colab for your Bolt IoT projects. Google Colab is a popular cloud-based platform for running and sharing Jupyter notebooks. It offers a free, online environment that allows you to write and run Python code using a web browser, without the need for local installation of software or operating systems.
Using an online Python compiler like Google Colab can be a good option for quick and simple projects, but for more complex projects or when performance is a concern, it may be better to use a local development environment.